anybody know what gear is used on slipknot's all hope is gone album?

noarin

Producer / Engineer
Apr 16, 2006
interested in guitar amps + bass amp mostly. saw an orange and a diezel in the making of video.

I'm pretty sure they probably layered amps, but I know for certain the Orange Rockverb 100 head was used into an Orange cab loaded w/ v30s. Jim tracks on his Fender Teles w/ emg 60/81. He actually uses the same rig for both Stone Sour and Slipknot.

pretty amazing metal sound coming out of an orange.. awesome, I saw a picture of some amps and cabs.. saw 2 bogner cabinets, a diezel cabinet and an orange cabinet.. two orange heads, a rivera and an old marshall one.

pretty amazing metal sound coming out of an orange.. awesome, I saw a picture of some amps and cabs.. saw 2 bogner cabinets, a diezel cabinet and an orange cabinet.. two orange heads, a rivera and an old marshall one.

Yeah. Rockerverb 100, VHT Pitbull UL i think, Rivera Seven sig or something + the old MArshall and the cabs you described.

Great guitar sound.

808 in front of the rockerverb BTW..... Just read the new issue of Guitar World... Also said that Mick used his signautre guitar and signiture Riviera head.

In Ihsahn's video interview on the metalkult site, he had an Orange head and cab in his studio. Whaaaaat?!

BTW- Pic of Jim's gear in the studio....

This guy has good taste in amps.

l_8def66f0a107b56d209e3e3d1ef2fd23.jpg