anybody like nocturnal rites!!!!!!!!!

ya i can agree that some power metal is boring but only the ones that sound like hammerfall now hammerfall is boring

nocturnal rites isnt boring because it isnt cheese metal like dream evil's book of heavy metal now that stuff sucks

if you listen to nocturnal rites - the sacred tailsmen you will love it because their is tons of awsome solos

and nicosanchez please tell me if you know of any bands that have just some totally insane solos all over the place with some awsome tremelo dive bombs and stuff. like 80's speed metal type of stuff but not cheese metal!!

and yes i do love stratovarius they are one of my favorites. i own every friggen album and they are freakin cool as a freakin nightrider of the mystical white moon(just had to add that) :headbang:

I've only heard Learning to Fly with Stratovarius. I though I was going to die the first time I heard it; I couldn't stop laughing my ass off.
It has just about everything power metal. Cheesy lyrics, a chord progression that would fit in Eurovision Song Contest, and those vocals... Oh my, why can't they see that he CAN'T sing, THAT high? The original key signature is so high that he can't sing properly, and they change it two times; at the end he sounds like the rest of the band are cutting off his balls while he's singing... he can't even hold out the notes, he just moans.
No, I don't like them because they're good, I like them because they're funny. :D

Related to the subject now, have any of you guys heard Steel? That's the side project of the singer in Opeth, where he tries to mash together all the cliches of 80's metal. Tapping solos, high-pitched singing, double pedals, cheesy chord progressions... this band has it all, and they're humourous! :worship:

I've heard a couple of Nocturnal Rites tracks, by the way, but I don't remember what I thought about them. :p

jo jo, you should check '80 speed/thrash metal if you want dive bombs. I haven't heard any other bands doing it as good as the bands back then, band like Exodus or Overkill (awesome). Also if you want crazier solos w/dive bombs, you should check brutal death metal bands (see Suffocation), or if you want more "melodic" solos but also with whammy bar, check Necrophagist.

:cool: dude steel looks mass fun to listen to

bityear i dont think your used to the voice yet. i like his voice because its different i dont want to hear some stupid james hetfeild vocals i hate metallica!!!!!!!!!! now theres a really stupid band especially now oh man they suck :yuk:

i heard a song off of exodus's newer album and it sucks so should i go with the early stuff

i also heard
o_O shroud of urine and it sounded like the singer had his wee wee cut off

Oh, I don't think I'll ever get used to his voice. I would probably like him if he sang within a range that he could handle, but he don't, and it sounds just hilarious. :D