Anybody seeing Blind Guardian this tour?

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
I'll certainly be updating this in a couple weeks when I see them in Chicago on the 29th, but after checking out their setlist from a few days ago, I can tell it's going to be a wicked concert! Hopefully they don't change it up. I won't spoil anything in case anybody is seeing them and wants to be surprised by the setlist, but as always, www.setlist.fm has it if you're interested.

At the Edge of Time was damn good overall and I'm glad to see Blind Guardian is still going so strong after all these years. It's a bit of a shame they're playing a small sports bar in the city of Chicago after almost 25 years, but... it's better than nothing! In fact, I quite like the intimate venues like that, I think it makes the experience much more fun and intense.

NP: the Tokyo Tales live album :kickass:

Aye the setlist's have been very good and the setlist they played when I saw them in London back in September was most impressive, pretty much perfect for someone like me who was seeing them for the first time and wanted to hear a mixture of the best older stuff, the best stuff overall and enough songs from the new album as well! Although I don't think Imaginations worked that well as a show closer but that's nitpicking!

I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Yea, this will be my first time seeing the band live. I've been dying to see BG live for probably ten years now, and it's about damn time! :lol:

Oh my god that was an amazing show, everyone who says they've been on top of their game was making an understatement. They played an awesome mix of old and new material and even played And Then There Was Silence, which was incredible. Even got a pick from Andre!

Amazing concert, but I'm sad that they don't come around as often as, say, Dragonforce, otherwise I'd probably have seen them several times by now! Definitely worth getting home at 4 AM :kickass:

Oh my god that was an amazing show, everyone who says they've been on top of their game was making an understatement. They played an awesome mix of old and new material and even played And Then There Was Silence, which was incredible. Even got a pick from Andre!

Amazing concert, but I'm sad that they don't come around as often as, say, Dragonforce, otherwise I'd probably have seen them several times by now! Definitely worth getting home at 4 AM :kickass:

Really, Kysh?

You wrote this whole thing and didn't even mention that I was there too? Shame. :D

... yeah it was just as epic as he said. When "Sacred" started, there was a freaking CRUSH. I may have had sex with several people completely by accident.

Having missed the September show due to being stuck in the studio.....it would appear that I've missed my chance to see them on the current round of touring.

Fly to Atlanta next weekend, Steve - my family will set you up with lodging, feed you, and get you to/from the show.

No problem, right?

My son will demand a t-shirt and an autograph from Chity... but that seems cheap.

Really, Kysh?

You wrote this whole thing and didn't even mention that I was there too? Shame. :D

... yeah it was just as epic as he said. When "Sacred" started, there was a freaking CRUSH. I may have had sex with several people completely by accident.

Hahaha, yea, that was one hell of a crush, it reminded me of when I went to see Amon Amarth in April. As soon as Twilight of the Thunder God started playing, BOOM, everyone crammed towards the front.

That was one kickass night, man, can't wait for Gamma Ray!