Anyone bothered with Taake's new album Over Bjoergvin Graater Himmeri?

Oct 17, 2002
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
It's pretty damn good. I liked their old stuff but the new album has great production so it makes it easier to listen to. If you haven't heard them they're Norwegian BM (i believe, don't quote me)... with some folk influences. But not so much that its cheesy. The album is on SoulSeek if you use that program.

oh yes it's an awesome cd, it has a woderful eerie feeling of magic and evil, and i really like hoests vocals. i haven't been able to hear his/their earlier stuff, is it very different?

Yeah, I bought the album and it's really good. The one thing I don't like about it though, is the 'spring' sound in track 3. It kind of ruins the atmosphere. Other than that, it's great.

Why does that "spring" sound ALWAYS, ALWAYS (and by ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS. No less) have to be discussed as soon as anyone brings up this album. IT IS A JEW'S HARP. Like this, see:
harppu2.gif

For some reason, it is very viking to use one of those.

Anyway, it's a great album and probably my favourite of 2002, but I think I like "Nattestid Ser Porten Vid" a tad more due to it having a nice obscure and black-as-night atmosphere. They're pretty equal in quality though. Oh, and I have the vinyl version of ...Bjørgvin..., ltd. to 500 and with lyrics printed in latin letters instead of the elder FUÞARK. HEH! Not that I can't read runes, but it's nice anyway. Oh well. :D

spaffe: Yes, well, the first album "Nattestid Ser Porten Vid" is very much in the same vein but with rawer production and possibly even better. It's really a must-have if you like Bjørgvin.