Anyone buy Alter Bridge?

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
So I took a chance on the new Alter Bridge album (formerly Creed, with a new vocalist). Man great album! There are some HEAVY riffs on here! It's a great balance between hard nosed Metal and commercial appeal. Some tunes are definintely not radio friendly, too METAL. All in all awesome album I think. Anyone else?

Who knew the guys in Creed could Riff so hard...:headbang:

MetalAges said:
Sheeeeesh, it's a good album! I don't think the lyrics are preachy personally. Everyday lyrics.
Nothing against you. I just do not enjoy that brand of rock associated with Creed. Give me some Led Zep and Thin Lizzy and you've got something. I might check it out, but I doubt I will buy. I meant the question, when did they break up?

Just so you know, I was never really a big fan of Creed either. I only checked out Alter Bridge because so many people were hyping it up as being way more Metal than Creed. They were right. Check out the sound samples at www.alterbridge.com . Creed broke up last year or early this year, at least with the singer.

MetalAges said:
Just so you know, I was never really a big fan of Creed either. I only checked out Alter Bridge because so many people were hyping it up as being way more Metal than Creed. They were right. Check out the sound samples at www.alterbridge.com . Creed broke up last year or early this year, at least with the singer.
At least they had the decency to clip all the tracks. A lot of metal bands do not. The riff on One Day Remains is cool, but the rest is not my cup of tea.

I found them to actually be pretty decent.

Edit: 'One Day Remains' sounds like some kind of decent proggish metal. I didn't know they had it in them. Some of the other tracks suck, like 'Open Your Eyes' or whatever. But, some are pretty rockin'.

Yeah i must admit...I came across a copy of Creed's Weathered in my father's CD collection and Creed have some decent stuff if you give it a chance...The lyrics are pretty in depth and visual, especially for Mainstream rock, a few songs have decent playing as well for radio rock.

I was curious about alterbridge myself, wasn't sure if it was just regular hard rock or some commercial shit like nickelback. I've seen a lot of hype and was planning on listening to the album or those clips to see if it's anything interesting.

One of the best rock albums i've heard in a long time. Good vocals, good riffs and it was along time since i heard a catchy rock album with shred solos. Creed had some great songs like What If, Beautiful and Freedom Fighter but some sucked bad like Higher and With Arms Wide Open(uuh).

I dont know if Tremonti likes BM and DM but he's a big Dream Theater fan
and you can hear that in the solos.