Anyone catch ATHF last night?

Connauch

May 8, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Not sure how many people on this forum watch adult swim, but last nights episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force was a classic.

The episode starts with Master Shake employing Geddy Lee and Zakk Wylde to write a new birthday song to replace "Happy Birthday". The song, called "Spirit Journey Formation Anniversary" is basically a guy faking Geddy Lees voice by doing a bunch of high pitched warbling noises while Zakk Wylde does one of his signature solos.

The rest of the episode is basically Zakk Wylde (voiced by himself) chasing after Master Shake for his money, and ends up with him getting blown up in a crappy theme restaurant he's duped to play in. At the end we see Geddy Lee's personal jet (a giant bass guitar shaped plane with an owl painted on the front) having landed on the lawn of the ATHF while they run to mexico to avoid Geddy.

Not exactly pertinent Symph X info, but I thought the metal/prog jokes were pretty hilarious (that song title is something straight out of the 101 rules of prog), and was pretty awe inspiring to see (animated) Zakk Wylde on a chariot driven by a dozen white horses while he played a solo.

School of Rock had some nice prog refferences...amung the CDs Jack Black hands out to the kids to study are Fragile by Yes (to the keyboardist) and 2112 by Rush (to the drummer). You can also see a branch on a "Genre tree" labeled "prog rock" on the blackboard with bands like Yes, Genesis, and King Crimson under it. I couldn't really see the metal one too well, but I thought I saw Judas Priest on it. He also has a Cannibal Corpse sticker on his window :)

Where was that??? I don't remember cannibal corpse in ace ventura... though apparently they are jim carrey's favorite band so that wouldn't be surprising...

theodyssey said:
Where was that??? I don't remember cannibal corpse in ace ventura... though apparently they are jim carrey's favorite band so that wouldn't be surprising...

In the scene where he goes into the club and the death metal band is playing...well thats CC :).