Anyone check out Theocracy?

Connauch

May 8, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I know most people who browse these forums at least recognize the name from that large banner ad on the forums page.

For those who haven't checked them, or should I say him, out I advise you to if you're into Avantasia/BG/Stratovarius style progressive power metal. The man behind the band, Matt Smith recorded the entire album, and mixed and produced it by himself. All the bass, guitar, keyboards, choir elements are just him; I could imagine it being a pretty heavy labor of love to put so much work into an album. Now for those of you who aren't a fan of Christian lyrics, you're probably not going to be too happy with his. They are very Christian and express themes/ideas of christianity throughout from what I've heard in the samples.* Overall though, I'm digging the sound and advise fans of the genre to check it out.

PS. To anyone who attended progpower, what was the set like? He played with a band I take it?

*samples can be found at http://www.theocracymusic.com/discography.php

I checked Matt (lol) out, but the music is just not my style. I can see many people on this board loving this band, but it just isnt for me. I do have to say though his St. Anger Tribute is freakin brilliant

I listened to the samples...I like the style but not particularly the vocals. I'll probably buy it anyway.

Yeah, so does anyone have a working link to this St. Anger Tribute?

edit: never mind, found it