Anyone familair with the Mackie MR8's?

brianhood

No Care Ever
I need to replace the tweeters in a pair of Mackie MR8's, but i'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to this stuff. The warranty wont cover it, and i have too much worked lined up to send these off for 3 weeks to get repaired, so my only option is to repair it myself. The guy i talked to from mackie said it was fairly easy to do, so i'm hoping someone could help me out with this.

I dont know what kind of tweeters to buy, where to order them, or how to replace them, but i'll be googling for the rest of today to figure this all out.

any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Unless you know what cooked the tweeters I would be a bit iffy about changing them myself . It could be something else in the speaker if they are powered like a bad crossover or amp, that could potentially fry your new tweeters and put you out even more time.

Ive built several pa speakers in the past and it should be more then soldering 2 wires to put in the new tweeters, the only problem i see is finding the tweeters that Mackie uses. To get them from Mackie you might have to wait 3 weeks anyway and then you might as well have sent them in so they can figure out what blew them in the first place. Then again tweeters are pretty cheap and if you dont have the time give it a shot! Good luck man

If he's lucky, the tweeters will be quick connect like my BX8As are. I recently blew one of the tweeters in one of them, and it was as simple as taking it apart, taking out the tweeter, connecting the new one, and putting it back together. Sounds like new.

Hope that's all it takes!

Unless you know what cooked the tweeters I would be a bit iffy about changing them myself . It could be something else in the speaker if they are powered like a bad crossover or amp, that could potentially fry your new tweeters and put you out even more time.

Ive built several pa speakers in the past and it should be more then soldering 2 wires to put in the new tweeters, the only problem i see is finding the tweeters that Mackie uses. To get them from Mackie you might have to wait 3 weeks anyway and then you might as well have sent them in so they can figure out what blew them in the first place. Then again tweeters are pretty cheap and if you dont have the time give it a shot! Good luck man

there is definitely nothing wrong with my monitors other than the blown tweeters...
it was something to do with a frequency generator, and it's actually quite a funny story that i would rather not get into right now:lol::cry:

i would contact mackie tech support via email and ask which tweeter to get.

if you are going to have to wait for parts / repair, just try picking up some monitors from a large music store that gives you 30 days to return the product, then return them when you get yours back!

i would contact mackie tech support via email and ask which tweeter to get.

if you are going to have to wait for parts / repair, just try picking up some monitors from a large music store that gives you 30 days to return the product, then return them when you get yours back!

yup! i planned on making a road trip to guitar center this weekend to do that haha:)
It will at least give me a chance to try out some different monitors for comparison

Good thing i have money saved up for this sort of thing, because i have absolutely no credit history!(be that a good or bad thing)