Anyone going to see Rush?

Melisan

Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
I've finally been sprung from hell. I got canned at work and will be leaving S.F. with all due haste as fast as possible, never to return, either. For the time being I'll stay with the folks in OC while I find work and get on my feet, and the timing is perfect.

Rush play Irvine on 8/13, next Friday. Is anyone going? I'm going to get a lawn seat, since I have to keep expenses down. :) Be nice to put faces to screen names.

I'll be taking a roller hockey buddy to the Irvine show for his birthday. He is a drummer, but not into Rush yet. We're just gonna get lawn seats, so I'll PM my phone number so we can meet up at the show.

Wences and I will be at the 8/11 (Wed.) show. I forget where our seats are--somewhere nose-bleedish.

P.S. Melisan, sorry (...or congrats?) on the canning.

Ah yes, the NoHo show. Never been to that place, actually.

And don't feel bad, Kirs. I hated the job and REALLY hated living here. I wanted to come home to LA for years. Now I can, and will. I'm free.

they play in salt lake city tonight by the way, however i am passing on them this year. too many other shows have poped up here in utah this fall, and am planning hitting a few maiden shows next spring when they come back to the u.s.a.

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";9269822 said:
Wences and I will be at the 8/11 (Wed.) show. I forget where our seats are--somewhere nose-bleedish.

P.S. Melisan, sorry (...or congrats?) on the canning.

I FRIKKEN LOVE YOU KIRSTEN:worship::worship:!!!

Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson";9286108 said:
Woops--it was supposed to be a surprise. :bah: But that's what I get for posting it publicly... (Didn't count on you scanning that thread, W. Duh. :p )

And by the way, is it only RUSH playing or is there an opener?

:lol: Yeah, secrets are better when they aren't posted on a public forum.

Rush hasn't used an opening band the last few times I've seen them. They play one set, then take a short break before the second set. Looking forward to seeing them on Friday.

:lol: Yeah, secrets are better when they aren't posted on a public forum.

Rush hasn't used an opening band the last few times I've seen them. They play one set, then take a short break before the second set. Looking forward to seeing them on Friday.

Yeah, me dum dum sometimes...:oops: :p

But what a helluva show, huh???? :worship: My first time seeing them--fucking great!!!! RUSH is probably the only band I can honestly say I enjoy the instrumentals every bit as much as the songs with vocals. Amazing...