Anyone interested in a Pearl Jordison sample? Clips

heshian46

Sep 1, 2009
Northwest Burbs of Chicago, IL
I sampled my Pearl Joey Jordison snare today. Brand new Evans Genera Dry batter.

Here's a sample, very little processing, some eq and compression only.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37353680/joey sample.wav

Mics:
Top - 57 taped to a MXL991 sdc
Top - AT4040
Bot - 57
OHs - Samson CO1's
for fun i put a SM94 in a stainless steel sink about 10' away (made a nice dirty reverb)

If anyones interested i'll make tci's plus upload the raws.

Sounds like you have your's tuned a lot lower than I had mine when I still had it. Cool sample though, might end up mixing it with some of my other snares, a TCI would be bitchin, though!

Here's my sample of the snare, I think I just had a 57 on the top and bottom, though. Unprocessed, probably not nearly as usable as your's, but someone might use it for something? :p Sounds pretty cool for more of a death metal/blast beat sorta thing, I suppose.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4018922/Joey Jordison Snare.zip

I also have some multi's of this snare. It's a really nice drum. I'll look mine up tomorrow if I have time :)

Sounds like you have your's tuned a lot lower than I had mine when I still had it. Cool sample though, might end up mixing it with some of my other snares, a TCI would be bitchin, though!

Yea its tuned very low, maybe only a few turns. A lot lower than I usually have it. But you get a lot more body this way. Otherwise it sounds like any other piccolo.

Im going to try to upload the multi's/tci tonight.

Yea its tuned very low, maybe only a few turns. A lot lower than I usually have it. But you get a lot more body this way. Otherwise it sounds like any other piccolo.

Im going to try to upload the multi's/tci tonight.

Haha, cool. Yeah, I like my snares tuned pretty high :lol:

I got rid of mine because it was just all pop and no body at higher tunings, replaced it with a 13" Mapex Black Panther Cherry Bomb which I'm much more happy with. The only thing I miss from the Pearl snare is that it had a ring to it that was actually quite desirable, the Mapex is very controlled, but fatter at higher tunings.