Anyone into Satyricon?

C

Children of Flames

They are a kickass black metal band from Norway. Tomorrow their new CD 'Volcano' will be released! (At least here in Scandinavia).
Satyr Wongraven is GOD! ;)

Contact me on AOL instant messenger (AIM) if you want a song from the new album. (Repined Bastard Nation). My nick is Stigma999.

Nemesis Divina was pretty good, but I hated Rebel Extravaganza (sp?). I eventually figured out why- Satyr pretty much just 'talks' over the music, very little actual patterning to his vocals, and I found that annoying.

MUUUUTHTHHHERRR NOOOORRRTTHHH

ha ha, have you seen the video clip to this? :lol: Very funny stuff. I can't stand it, it's deliberately bad production is just ALL ass, and the music is just rehashed 'maiden melodies with blast beats.

...and the 'vocals' don't get me started. RAAAAH metal.

-Trapped

I can recommend 'The Shadowthrone' for good folkish black metal. That's the album that I've lost the damn disc yet still have the case....:(

their new stuff that ive heard samples off (for the forthcoming Volcano) is absolutely fuckin terrible!!!
i love nemesis divina and most of their other stuff, but omg... they've stripped down to this really pathetic commercial rock shit. they sound like nickleback now. maybe a lil less heavy..

I have just been introduced to Satyricon a few days ago.. and I've fallen in love with them.. And once I digest their earlier albums, i'll have to hear volcano..

Though I know I will get sick of the song, I friggin love mother north. Som say the song is overated, but it's just simply good.

Agrees with Kush. Mother North is a classic. Nemisis was a great great album and still is. I understand why people don't like Rebel Extravaganza, because I actually used to hate it too. Then as what happens with a lot of bands I listen to, one day I really started getting into it heaps.
A comment was made about them just becomming commercial rock?? or some such nonsense. I just can't really see how that could be when Rebel extravaganza holds some of the most brutal, ugly, and extreme displays of power in Black metal, or more to the point. Extreme metal. To me the reason why I didn't like that album was because it made me fee uncomfortable, which inturn ended up being the reason why I fell in love with it.
After I really started getting into rebel I listened to it for a long period of time. It would have to be one of my fave albums now. Satyr and Frost seem to be very dedicated to their vision, and the music they want to create.... which is why I can't for the life of me see how the new album could be "commercial rock". But I guess I'll just have to wait and hear it. Stranger things have happened.
I also agree with blakmetalemp, Thorns are better.