Anyone into trading CDRs on this board?

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Trading CDRs is a good way to discover music. If we like the music we hear, we can always go and buy it original. If we don't, then we won't have wasted our money. I've been trading CDRs for quite some time and found it very amusing. If anyone is interested, please email me with your trade and want lists and hopefully we can work something out. Thanks.

mezarka@yahoo.com

If you wanna discover music, try getting mp3s off the net from places like www.audiogalaxy.com . Its much easier than trading with people and you can always burn them on a cd( even as cd audio tracks) if you have a writer. If you want to burn mp3s as cd audio tracks, try www.zy2000.com

First off, I don't have a CD writer to burn the mp3's on a disc. Secondly I don't spend 6 hours on the Internet everyday. With CDRs you can take your music with you in your discman everwhere and listen to the music anywhere... whatever, not many people seem interested in this. Thanks.

NP: Anathema - The Silent Enigma

~Mezarkabul

BURNING ENTIRE CD'S SUCKS, SUCKS, SUCKS!!!!! If you like the band, SUPPORT AND BUY THEIR CD!!!!!!! Go to Amazon.com and listen to clips - I've bought 80% of my CD's this way. Go to Audiogalaxy, download 2 or 3 mp3's, and if you like the music, BUY THE CD (or CD's)!! 95% of my Mp3's are also on original artist CD's, except for the 5% that are extremely rare and hard to find! Buy compilations, get demos at concerts, festivals. There are so many more options than trading CDR's..which I'm sure are entire albums, not one or two songs... Are they compilations? There are plenty of compilations to choose from at record companies! Bah! BURNED CD'S SUCK, SUCK, SUCK!!!!!

And don't give me that crap that "durf, I'm in school and I don't work." I didn't start buying a lot of CD's until I was in my 20's, and before that I would save my hard earned McDonalds money and buy little by little.

Exactly! I am a high school student without a job, and I manage to buy cds quite often. I just save my money and manage it well and have room to buy cds, t-shirts, etc. in support of the bands. People who strictly burn cds or say that buying cds sucks when you can get them free really piss me off. Grrr! :mad:

CD-burners/MP3 bums compromise a large majority of "fans" now. People like this really piss me off, mainly because things like Audiogalaxy will probably get shut down because of people who abuse it. I find audiogalaxy invaluable when deciding which CD's I want to buy and which bands I like. Opeth isn't N'Sync, they need the money to make more music, not to buy yachts. When i'm thirty I want to have all my CD's I've bought over the years (And whatever new format is invented) with their coverart and booklets, and be able to go back and listen to them all. Not have a bunch of CD-R's with markered on titles.

I don't know if Mezarkabul only listens to CD-Rs, but I have no problem with his initial post. I learn about a lot of bands this way. Of course I buy the album if I like the music, because I want the inserts and I want to support the band. But downloading just one song takes me 45 minutes on my slow-ass computer, and I've learned the hard way that listening to one song doesn't always give you an accurate picture of the album as a whole. And the 30-second clips on Amazon and cdnow are completely useless when a band's song is 10 minutes long. Probably one-third of my cd collection is shit, because I bought them after hearing one or two songs -- or worse, just from word of mouth. I see nothing wrong with listening to a full cd before deciding whether to buy it. But I always will buy it if I like it.