anyone listen to Jethro Tull, by chance?

Øjeblikket

Apr 10, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Oddly, that's what the lady of the house claims Borknagar sounds like (musically that is, since I have to translate the lyrics for her).

...Sun streaking cold --
An old man wandering lonely.
Taking time
The only way he knows.
Leg hurting bad,
As he bends to pick a dog-end --
He goes down to the bog
And warms his feet.

Feeling alone --
The army’s up the rode
Salvation à la mode and
A cup of tea.
Aqualung my friend --
Don’t start away uneasy
You poor old sod, you see, it’s only me.
Do you still remember
December’s foggy freeze --
When the ice that
Clings on to your beard is
Screaming agony.
And you snatch your rattling last breaths
With deep-sea-diver sounds,
And the flowers bloom like
Madness in the spring. -- Aqualung, Jethro Tull

just wondering...

Jethro Tull are cool, I'm still exploring them so I don't know a lot of their material. Nevertheless though, they are great.

They performed here in Sydney not long ago, I wanted to go and see them but the venue is crap and has terrible acoustics..

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
I don't think Borknagar sound ANYTHING like Jethro Tull, but I enjoy both bands quite a bit...

SONGS FROM THE WOOD is my favourite Tully album. THE JETHRO TULL CHRISTMAS ALBUM is also great (I'm serious).

the christmas album is amazing... the song greensleeved is brilliant, everyone must hear it

I too thought the comparison was, um, unique, and I'm quite certain the comparison stems from a song on Bork's album, Epic. The song, Inner Ocean Hypothesis, for instance, could very well be the culprit that inspired the comparison. However, I'm just guessing, since I can't really remember which song of Bork's reminded Ms. Witchy of Jethro Tull.

Another favorite band of mine:

Electric Light Orchestra

their album No Answer is lovely.

(not necessarily drawing any comparisons, though)

I think it's great that there is a Jethro Tull Threat at a Borknagar Forum because this two bands are my favorite :D

I saw J-Tull at Austria last year and it was the best show I ever saw

My favorite J-Tull Albums: "Aqualung", "Songs from the Woods" and "Broadsword and the Beast"

I would suggest picking up SONGS FROM THE WOOD. Jethro Tull have dabbled in many different genres, and in doing so, some consider them 'progressive' rock. But they always dismiss labels. But the folk influence is in pretty much all of the albums. This is their 'folk rock' album. And it's wonderful. And THE JETHRO TULL CHRISTMAS ALBUM is also very folky and festive as a bonus.

Their classic album is AQUALUNG. Many classic tunes on there, including the title track.

But I would actually suggest a VERY BEST OF JETHRO TULL album. It'll give you a taste of the many sides of Jethro Tull.

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
I would suggest picking up SONGS FROM THE WOOD. Jethro Tull have dabbled in many different genres, and in doing so, some consider them 'progressive' rock. But they always dismiss labels. But the folk influence is in pretty much all of the albums. This is their 'folk rock' album. And it's wonderful. And THE JETHRO TULL CHRISTMAS ALBUM is also very folky and festive as a bonus.

Their classic album is AQUALUNG. Many classic tunes on there, including the title track.

But I would actually suggest a VERY BEST OF JETHRO TULL album. It'll give you a taste of the many sides of Jethro Tull.

thanks! I'll look into it!

Huge Jethro Tull fan here. I don't think Borknagar sounds anything like them either. Both have their own unique style.

Good to see a few JT fans are around.

I strongly recommend to all who haven't seen the Live at Isle of Wight DVD to go out and get it. I got mine for ten bucks new.

It was an incredible performance, they sound heavier than anyone else in their day.

I used to listen to JT...But, sadly, I don't anymore. I lost their c-ds T_T...I'm too lazy to buy more, or I end up buying an Opeth c-d or something :(