Anyone remember "The Rods?"

OldScratch

Aug 17, 2006
USA
Anyone recall this band? Several friends and I were into them back in the early part of the 90's - of course we were in NY, where The Rods were from, so I don't know how influential they ever were beyond that area. I never hear their name invoked from the "old days" and was curious if anyone here knew of, or actually dug them. As some may know drummer Carl Canedy went on to be a producer for several eighties thrash/metal bands...but I haven't heard the name in ages.

I surely do remember the Rods !!! "Wild dogs" is quit a classic.(and the reason I keep messing them up with the band "Wild Dogs" :)
Don't know their other albums very good though.
If I'm correct the guitar player is family of DIO and they played together in ELF !!

The RODS!!!! LET THEM EAT METAL!!!!! Yes. I used to listen to them back in the day.
Here is a ??? Does anyone remember the "Thrasher" album that Carl produced? It had a bunch of people on it. Billy Sheehan, Dan Beehler, Rhett Forrester.

The RODS!!!! LET THEM EAT METAL!!!!! Yes. I used to listen to them back in the day.
Here is a ??? Does anyone remember the "Thrasher" album that Carl produced? It had a bunch of people on it. Billy Sheehan, Dan Beehler, Rhett Forrester.

Actually Carnut passed me a The Rods album and also I do have the Thrasher album (all as MP3s). The Rods didn't made much of an impression but I would like to have the Thrasher album in CD some day