Anyone tried the new GNX4 ?

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
I have never been real big on Digitech's effects, but what little I have read about the new GNX4 sounds pretty promising. I am curious if anyone owns one and how good the drum machine is on it.

Bryant

I own a GNX1, and I completely love the sound I can achieve from it. If you know what you're doing, you can achieve the perfect tone on one of these, it's great, and Im sure the 4 is 4 times better. If the drum machine is the same as on the GNX1, it's pretty shitty, just 20 different loops that are already preset, can't change the patterns or the time signatures, just tempo.

is that through a head or direct recording?

I wasn't too impressed with a GNX when I tried it out.

Think i'm getting a v-amp myself, tried out a friends through my laney and it sounded the best of anything i've tried. A LOT better then a boss gt-3.

Leper_/-\ffinity said:
I own a GNX1, and I completely love the sound I can achieve from it. If you know what you're doing, you can achieve the perfect tone on one of these, it's great, and Im sure the 4 is 4 times better. If the drum machine is the same as on the GNX1, it's pretty shitty, just 20 different loops that are already preset, can't change the patterns or the time signatures, just tempo.

The GNX4 offers midi programmable drums and various drumkits. I am curious how the different kits sound.

Bryant

Mutilated1 said:
I considered trading my GNX3 for the GNX4 mainly cause of the drums, they do sound pretty good. Sadly I don't have any talent to go with it, but new gear is cool.

Yeah it offers the bass cabs and vocal effects as well, but man it costs 600 smackers. If all that stuff sounds good 600 bucks is easily worth it, but I can't find anyone that owns one yet.
:ill:

Bryant