Apart from Nevermore

Mr. Bungle has been playing a lot in my ears as of late... particularly the self titled and California.

the s/t is a lot .. umm .. weirder.. .. good tracks from California to check out are "sweet charity" and "pink cigarette"

When i listen to the self-titled, I picture it being the music Satan would be singing and dancing to in a broadway musical.

and maybe listen to some King's X. I've always thought Freak Kitchen borrowed a big chunk of their sound from those guys, then added in the insanity of Mattias.

I always have to recommend porcupine tree... listen to Lightbulb Sun.

logo.gif

Stuff I keep in constant rotation - Conception, Symphony X, Green Carnation, Evanescence, Fates Warning, Andromeda, Nighingale, OSI, Pantera, Megadeth, Freak Kitchen, and I havent listened to some of my other favorites in a while.

In Alphabetical order, these are my favorites.

Amorphis
Arch Enemy
Bathory
Bruce Dickinson
Carcass
Dark Tranquillity
Death
Falconer
Finntroll (Love that goofy folk metal.)
In Flames
Mezarkabul (Good shit.)
(Nevermore is a given.)
Primal Fear
Solitude Aeturnus
Sonata Arctica
The Crown
------------------------

Blind Guardian's Imaginations From the Other Side (NP), Testament's The Gathering, and Queensrÿche's Operation: Mindcrime have been on almost constant rotation for a while. Sinergy's Suicide By My Side and Exodus's Bonded By Blood are also fairly frequent listens.

I just rediscovered Dismember's Death Metal, which I bought a couple years ago during the beginning of my entry into the metal world cause I liked the cover art. I haven't listened to it for over a year, but now I love it.

Of course, 80s Metallica is always a favorite...I'm also listening to Vio-lence's Eternal Nightmare in a vain effort to learn the lyrics in time for the Bay Area Thrash Festival (27 days!)

What else? Iced Earth's Something Wicked This Way Comes, Overkill's Under the Influence, and Testament's First Strike Still Deadly...and I just watched the DVD of Judas Priest's Live In London, and I'm planning to get the CD just so I can have the Ripper version of "Desert Plains" on CD. It's like "Sign of the Cross" on Rock In Rio...ridiculously far above and beyond the original version.

That's about it.

hmm.....
Winds, Agalloch, Opeth, Green Carnation, Ayreon, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Testament, Spiral Architect, In Flames, Gordian Knot, Porcupine Tree, King Crimson, Spock's Beard, Tool, Nile, Meshuggah, Dream Theater, Savatage, Bruce Dickinson, Lacuna Coil, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Wolverine, Kamelot, Spastic Ink, Arch Enemy, Planet X, Lake of Tears, Rush, Yes, Within Temptation, Iced Earth, Jag Panzer, Bloodbath, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, Flower Kings, Forest Stream, Camel, Death, Control Denied, Evergrey, Therion, Yanni, Vintersorg, Neal Morse, Time Requiem, Pagan's Mind, Pain of Salvation, Madder Mortem, Scholomance, Virgin Black, Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects, Freak Kitchen, Edge of Sanity, oh and did I mention AGALLOCH-THE MANTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!