apparently, there is a god

Try to get there early enought for These Arms Are Snakes. BWD, I think you will appreciate them more than most people around these parts. Oh . . . and I know you'll like Dysrhythmia.

Of course. The 'rhythmia rule. I will try to check out some TAAS, I think you've mentioned them a bit.

I wonder how much money I'll end up spending on merchandise! Definitely an Isis shirt, maybe a TAAS CD, a Dysrhythmia CD, more shirts, stickers, trapper-keepers, buttons, condoms, etc.

Just bought my ticket for $8. :cool:

We just got back. Well...

Dysrhythmia were much heavier than I thought they'd be. Really fucking talented, great performance. I bought "No Interference".

These Arms Are Snakes impressed me with their energy, but I thought their songs were pretty average. The vocalist/dancer spit a lot.

ISIS fucking destroyed. It was pure fucking excellency. Can't really describe it... Played most of "Panopticon", one song (I think) from "Oceanic". This band has the best sense of dynamics I've ever seen in a live setting. Perfect. The lead vocalist/guitarist looks like Ewan McGregor with a beard.

I also picked up Infidel?/Castro! presents "Case Studies in Bioentropy", a noise/ambient/psychadelic experiment with some member(s) of Behold... the Arctopus. Should be interesting.

3 things I hate:
1) people who stand there like statues. Fuckin HEADBANG, goddammit!
2) people who wear ear-plugs, what pussies.
3) people in general.

That's all. Overall, it was an $8 well spent! ;)

Black Winter Day said:
At least you headbang (I hope).

Seriously... why go to a show if you're just gonna fuckin stand there??? Same thing with a sports event. Fucking do something or go home.
I always headbang, until I get too drunk to stand. In which case, I then normally need to lean on Ali.

man, I wish Isis would come down here.

oh, and I stand there at shows (when I actually go). I paid money to see the band play, not just hear the music. If I just want to hear the music, I'll listen to the CD.

Black Winter Day said:
3 things I hate:
2) people who wear ear-plugs, what pussies.
Heh, trust me d00d, earplugs are VERY necessary at times. If I didn't wear them for many band practices, I'd probably be fucking deaf by now. Plenty of high quality earplugs are made that degrade the sound VERY LITTLE but still allow acceptable (as in, non-hearing-impairing) levels to be heard.

I'll agree with the standing around doing nothing people though, fuck those guys. I mosh/dance/spaz at the very least. :tickled:

markgugs said:
Honestly J, what is there to see?
The dudes thrashing on stage!!!! Unless of course you went to see Opeth, who put on the most boring performance I've ever seen.

But Nile was interesting to watch, simply because the three vocalists, and even Arch Enemy were cool to watch.

I laugh at people that stand there and bob their head up and down.

I've went plug-less at about half of the concerts I've attended, only a few times has my hearing taken a serious hit. I always stay at the outer edges of the crowd during shows, moshing doesn't appeal to me in the least, but I almost never remain still.

BWD: No Interference kills, way better than Pretest IMO.

As a guitarist who is interested in other guitarists and what I can learn from them, I like to stand and watch the music a fair bit. I do get into the music from time to time, though.

Not only ear plugs, but we have those $15 plugs that drown out all the volume and muffled noise, and just filter in the sweet, sweet music.

Of course, I bloody lost mine so I'm back to shoving toilet paper in me flappers.

JayKeeley said:
Not only ear plugs, but we have those $15 plugs that drown out all the volume and muffled noise, and just filter in the sweet, sweet music.

Of course, I bloody lost mine so I'm back to shoving toilet paper in me flappers.
I think I have two pairs, so if you're ever allowed to come out and go to a show again, I'll gift you my extra :cool: