'appy birfday Dave

26 (though I feel like 46).

I feel that we're one year behind where I wanted us to be by now. I was reading a new interview in BW&BK magazine with Satyr from Satyricon yesterday and I guess I was surprised to read that Satyr himself is currently only 30 years old. Those guys from that famous Norwegian black metal scene all got an early head start in this game, writing their first albums while they were 16 years old or so, and having them first released when they were around 17-18.

I was already 22 when we wrote and recorded "Against the Seasons".

David Gold said:
26 (though I feel like 46).

I feel that we're one year behind where I wanted us to be by now. I was reading a new interview in BW&BK magazine with Satyr from Satyricon yesterday and I guess I was surprised to read that Satyr himself is currently only 30 years old. Those guys from that famous Norwegian black metal scene all got an early head start in this game, writing their first albums while they were 16 years old or so, and having them first released when they were around 17-18.

I was already 22 when we wrote and recorded "Against the Seasons".

Eh, don't worry too much about how old you are and when you started writing music and whatnot. What matters is the quality of the music, in which WoY is fucking awesome, not how old you being compared to where you currently stand in "the business" at the moment, in which I still say that that you're in a good spot; not too well known where you have shitty mainstream record labels like RoadRunner trying to sign you just for cash, but well known enough where you have a good, solid, and loyal fan base and still doing a good amount of shows and gigs and whatnot.

Oh, and happy birthday also man, hah.

Happy Birthday Dave!
And yeah, about you being "so old" when you guys released AtS: I find that it's a very mature piece of art. If you need to be convinced, I only have one thing to say: "A Meeting Place and Time." No 16-year old can write anything close to that.

Hmmm. Alan "Nemtheanga" of Primordial is also 30. So I guess that makes him an old fart in the scene as well...? I'll hush over the fact I'm the same age, ha. In fact I still get mildly surprised when members of a band I listen to turn out to be younger than I am. Guess that's what you get belonging to that "old generation"...

Oh yeah - happy belated birthday, junior. ;-)

Supposedly. But I think he's been 18-19 for almost 5 years now.

And Happy Belated Birthday, Dave. If I had known, I would have raised a beer to you on that special day. Fuck, I might just do that now.