Arch Enemy & Irony

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
A recent quote from Angela, care of Blabbermouth:

"We are also working on new tunes, the guys are shredding away on the tour bus. Watching a metal show every day is very inspiring. I personally believe the last two ARCH ENEMY albums were too harmless. We got to get the grit, bite, speed and danger back into our music. Less controlled, more riffs, melodies, solos, different parts, breaks, sudden changes. It will be interesting to see how far we can take it."

It's interesting that she takes so much shit, when I think she's presently the most Metal thing about this band.

Zod

I dont like her. Still. I dont really like the band anymore either. The last good album they released was Burning Bridges in my opinion. Which I love that album.

she meant Anthems of Rebellion and Doomsday machine, and I pretty much agree with everything she says.

AsModEe said:
she meant Anthems of Rebellion and Doomsday machine, and I pretty much agree with everything she says.

oh god I even forgot that Doomsday thing existed... :ill:

so yeah ok, then I agree too. Getting back to Wages of Sin would be good for them.

Off-topic: Hey Jayk I tried to create a thread but it says access forbidden or something, do you know what it's all about?

JayKeeley said:
so yeah ok, then I agree too. Getting back to Wages of Sin would be good for them.

Precisely what I was thinking when I read that article.

Black Earth rules but Wages of Sin is also a very unique and cool release in their catalogue. I'll have to revisit it soon - I basically gave up on Arch Enemy based on their recent output and the fact that they became one of my ex-girlfriend's favorite bands when I introduced her to them.

^^ same, all my non-metal friends fell in love with that album and I backed off a bit thinking something was wrong :lol:

these guys are becoming like The Haunted ... generic and repetitive.

although the new Haunted track is a bit different.

now ... why on earth did they kill ATG so fast and let The Haunted drag on forever into boredom?