ARCH ENEMY Pull Out of MACHINE HEAD Tour

hiddenlegions

DISCIPLE
Sep 21, 2002
So Cal
Visit site
ARCH ENEMY Pull Out of MACHINE HEAD Tour - May 2, 2004

ARCH ENEMY have officially dropped off the MACHINE HEAD U.S. tour and have returned home to Sweden, sources close to the MACHINE HEAD camp have confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET.

The Swedish quintet were originally slated to start the tour with MACHINE HEAD on April 28 in Philadelphia but ended up postponing the kick-off date by a couple of days, citing "problems in obtaining a replacement U.S. visa" in Germany for singer Angela Gossow — an excuse that our sources now say was "a complete lie."

Although ARCH ENEMY made it to the New England Metal And Hardcore Festival in time for their performance on Friday, a supposed "throat infection" suffered by Gossow "forced" the group to pull out of the entire tour on Saturday — in the process pissing the MACHINE HEAD camp off royally.

ARCH ENEMY have yet to officially confirm their departure from the trek. A statement from MACHINE HEAD on the matter is expected to arrive later today.

Now that just sucks. I am glad I have not yet gotten my tickets for the show. I hope MH are able find a band just as good or better to replace the AE slot.

Here's from the Machine Head site:

Arch Enemy Wuss Out of WMD Tour! 05.02.04 - 10:15PM

In what came as a complete shock to the Machine Head camp, perennial support act Arch Enemy have informed headliners Machine Head that they must pull out of the entire Weapons Of Mass Destruction tour because singer Angela Gossard broke a fingernail which had recently been through a vigorous French manicure.

Citing work visa problems and strained vocals to the media, the troubles began for the German vixen when, upon raising her devil horns for the 349th time during Arch Enemy's bizarre performance at the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival, her fingernail got caught in what could only be described as a metal-horned catastrophe. The members of Machine Head instinctively rushed to her aid, offering her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, after which the ever-benevolent MH boys granted the openers permission to miss a handful of shows while she recovered from what the metal diva claimed was "an extremely painful broken nail". Unfortunately, word came from their management and booking agent today that the nail would need emergency manicuring and that only the best French manicurist in all of Sweden could perform the repair, thus resulting in the bands' inability to complete the entire remainder of the tour.

To the relief of no one in particular, not a single ticket holder asked for a refund.

Damn i really wanted to see them.... I've been told there not so good live can anyone confirm this???? I missed the pound Showo_O

I think they sounded great when I saw them open for Iron Maiden @ the Universal Ampitheater. There are some "Anti-Enemy" people out there, but they sounded good live to me.

thraxx said:
Damn i really wanted to see them.... I've been told there not so good live can anyone confirm this???? I missed the pound Showo_O

I saw them open for Slayer on the Jagermister tour. I believe they were the opening band that night, which means they played BEFORE hatebreed (god those guys suck). Despite the fact that they barely even got 30 minutes of stage time, they fucking kicked ass. My only real complaint is that I didnt hear anything from Sigmata or Burning Bridges (I was looking forward to hearing Beast of Man live), probably because Angela's voice doesn't sound close enough to their old singer's. They did however play Lament of a Mortal Soul and Ravenous which were both pretty crazy. The Amott brothers are an excellent combination and despite being an opening act got the pit going pretty quickly.

yeah i saw them at Universal Amphi..., and Arch Enemy kicked ass, then i slept 40 minutes( Shitbreed was playing) and suddenly i woke up with Slayer!!!! they played the entire reign in blood!!!!!!!!!!! i cried!!!!!killer fucking night:hotjump: