Arch Enemy "The Root of All Evil"

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
I just stopped by the official Arch Enemy site and noticed this news story and quickly checked here to see if it had been posted and it seems to have flown under the radar:

The big news in the ARCH ENEMY camp is that Andy Sneap (Megadeth, Testament, Exodus, etc.) has completed the mixing and mastering of the new ARCH ENEMY record, “The Root Of All Evil”. This special release features a selection of completely re-recorded songs from the first three ARCH ENEMY albums, “Black Earth”, “Stigmata” and “Burning Bridges”, and will be released via Century Media Records on September 28th in Europe and October 6th in North America.

Whole story can be found at:www.archenemy.net

Sounds interesting to me.

Jind

i really wish they rerecorded "bury me an angel" and ESPECIALLY "Bridge of destiny"
holy shit the last 3 mins of "Brigde of destiny" are EPIC.
i fucking love that solo

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really excited to hear older stuff re-done as well. I've always liked older Arch Enemy but I have never really been blown away by the production...so I am anxious to hear if the re-recordings make the songs even better. It is amazing how really good production can make even the best songs even better.

i actually dig the production on the first one....very in your face, very, well, swedish :)

still looking forward to this one though - despite the awful title ^^