Are Corporations Gods in this day and age?

Silver Incubus

Dead Hands Justin
May 20, 2002
(Near) London, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
When you think that legally Corporations aren't actually the people who run them but an abstract entity that can Own material things without a body to enjoy them. Like the gods of the Pantheon in Greece, they battle for our attention, they try to BRAND us with their mark (like a slaver would) and keep your whole attention on it, to obsess over it etc.

What people don't understand is that in a free market the people are "God" and the corporations it's tool, but big Government has distorted this understanding, reversed it and maintained socially fixed drones.

is a family also a god, or a fiat construction? This sort of linguistic parallel is sometimes a handy way to construct a false but emotive argument (ie copyright violation *is* stealing) but in itself doesn't really constitute anything of much substance to talk about, does it? How about... do you care that the relation between humans and corporations is the way it is? Why?

I really think you are all missing the point here...

I'm talking about the religious nature of corporations and they are everywhere. You walk outside and you are always seeing ads even if themselves are the clothes people are wearing. Their constant use of unconscious persuasion through advertizing. It's really no different they they way religion has worked throughout the centuries. Have a bodiless head or face for the corporations allows unscrupulous characters to usurp and vilify natural tendencies behind the scenes for the greater capital.

The church has always been a bunch of liars, cheats, and tyrants making up lies and giving people something that will make them think that life is better.

What I'm getting at is that there is no real accountability for corporations, sure some may go under, or just get bought out my a larger one, much the same way religions assimilate myths of societies they are converting. Hell it even spreads multinational!

Now instead of only 2 controllers in your life being religion and nationalism, you have to think about the corporate agendas as well, what are they really in it for, and will they actually benefit you in the long run.

I'm could never say all that without being immersed in such an environment, and as such I know that I buy products based on how they are marketed towards me, yet I still buy them. I live my life quite minimalistic and I often attribute my decisions based on utility and function whereas other may do so because of fanatical advertisements.

A prime example could be the 2 big computer companies.
You have microsoft like christianity, constantly pushed in your face by default in much of the world, has almost been around since the invention of the pc. Then there are macs, like islam, their followers tend to be more hard core and fanatical, very dedicated and often vicious of other os especially Microsoft. Both always claiming that theirs is the best, Bill Gates being Jesus, and the late Steve Jobs being like Mohammad.

I find all this to eerily similar, and being a rational scientific minded atheist, my cynicism has generalized into every facet of life. With my vast research in to Myths, cults, occult, eastern spirituality, new age you start to see and begin to understand how similar the workings of devious manipulation is.

I've learned models for being persuasive, for being theraputic, for being dishonest and harmful. I know how to do all of this type of stuff, I could fool people into a false belief system like many before me, because some people are very suggestible naturally.

I just want to look out for them like a fellow human being should natualy want to.