Are Opeth fans of Spiritual Beggars?

Shooto

Jan 27, 2004
just curious...for those of you who don't know Spiritual Beggars, they are an AWESOME Stoner/Doom band headed by Michael Amott (Carcass, Arch Enemy)- Michael wanted to stretch out and do more stuff he's interested in and formed SP- since they are both AWESOME and Swedish, I was curious if Opeth were fans, being that they may have had more exposure to them-

If you haven't checked them out.. you MUST!

Id say they are.

A. Per (their keyboardist) is from spiritual beggars
B. Mikael and company have expressed liking doom/stoner rock and or 70s styled bands many times...

and yes, spiritual beggars is good. :)

Doom? To me they sound more like HARD ROCK!

Left Brain Ambassadors, Angel of Betrayal, The Lunatic Fringe and Street Fighting Saviours are few of my favourite tracks from SB.

instead of creating a new thread, i'll just ask in here, since it's the same type of thread.

ANYBODY LIKE 'BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME?'
3 of the 5 dudes in the band are into opeth, and i enjoy them a lot.
i have a feeling i won't get many yes' on this, but check them out if you haven't, they're really good.

eh, i dunno about "Screamo"
the singer does like akerfeldt, brutal death vox, and sings. but they're a diff style then opeth, it's like metalcore kinda, except they're talented haha.
i recommend them though.

nah these guys don't endorse that. i fucking HATE that label.
i'm proud to say i've never touched a ciggarette, any drug, nor drank anything, but i STILL fucking don't say i'm sXe haha.

but anyway, Gin, check them out, they're really good.

Pita Bread said:
I like Spiritual Beggars more than Opeth nowadays.

Poor, poor, poor, you. They're allright, I mean Per does some really cool organ work and keys on one of their albums. Yeah without the keyboard they'd be ok.

hell yea brian..between the buried and me is amazing. thanks for lettin me sample their cd. well ive never heard spiritual beggars before so i duno but they definitely arent better than opeth so shut up whore

I realized recently that I've had one of Spiritual Beggars' CDs for a while, possibly since before I got into Opeth. I don't remember how I heard of them, but I really like the cd (I think it's self-titled). Good band, and yea, they sound like hard rock to me.