Are the Nuclear Blast remastered editions worth it?

Wounded Land and Psychedelicatessen are new audio masters compared with the originals; the rest of the catalogue remains the same. In addition, Wounded Land, March of Progress and For the Journey were mastered separately for vinyl release.

Hello,

i recently re-discovered vinyl. Bought a decent turntable (teac tn300) and started buying records. Pre-orderded Legends and bought every previous album that i could find. They all sound horrible! When i play a Threshold record it sounds like i blew up my speakers. It's like the recording levels are to high.The sound is disrupted.

Did a little investigating. Is it my system? Is it the element of the turntable? No, cause when i play Marillion (script for a jester's tear) 2012 pressing or any other Lp that i bought. Some new and some second hand.....no problem? They all sound great.

So Karl just wondering......did you ever heard or played a recent pressing of a Threshold album?

@Mullmuzzler..Do you own any Threshold Vinyl and do you recognize my problem?

Update: a friend of mine pointed me to this website: http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list/dr-max?artist=threshold

here is a youtube video explaining the Loudness Wars...

Damm i bought some expensive album covers..........

Update 6-10-2017

After having some vinyl fanatics over for a listening (same conclusion, the records sound horrible) we played them at their houses.....no problem??

I returned my Teac TN 300 and bought a Pro-Ject turntable.........Problem Solved!!!

the mystery why this happened stays...........................................

Last edited:
Reactions: MetalAges