Arena live in Stockholm

Embla

Liten
Oct 24, 2002
www.popkultur.se
Well, this is off-Swanö-topic, but what the heck :)

I just had to write a couple of lines about the gig I went to yesterday: Arena. It's been 5 years since I last saw them, but my god it was worth the wait. They played most of "Contagion" which was brilliant, and they played some oldies, which was nice.

There is one problem though. I guess I should be used to it by now, but why are Swedes so bloody STILL and QUIET? I know they need alcohol to "let their hair down", but this is ridiculous... the venue was obviously full of Arena fans, but the "crossed arms + look bored" performance must have been disappointing to the boys in Arena, who are used to like 800 screaming Dutch...

heh,
i've always said the dutch audience is the best audience in Europe.

thing i've learned about swedes:
there are only two stages:
ONE: when they are sober, and they are subtle, quiet, intelligent, and polite,

TWO: when they are drunk, then they are dumb, funny, wild, goofy and will jump in the river on a cold winter day just to make their friends laugh while they are swimming with the ducks, singing drinking songs.

no in between.
NO such thing.

heh

Dead_Lioness said:
heh,
i've always said the dutch audience is the best audience in Europe.

thing i've learned about swedes:
there are only two stages:
ONE: when they are sober, and they are subtle, quiet, intelligent, and polite,

TWO: when they are drunk, then they are dumb, funny, wild, goofy and will jump in the river on a cold winter day just to make their friends laugh while they are swimming with the ducks, singing drinking songs.

no in between.
NO such thing.

heh

Haha, damn.. that was right on the spot :)

Damn, I saw posters about the gig in Gothenburg when I was down there for Deep Purple a few weeks ago. I really wanted to go down there again to see Arena, but with my current economy and the boooooring trip by bus to GBG it just wasn't possible.

Glad to hear they were good in STHLM though!