Arise and Purirfy

Bździgniew;10892865 said:
Sounds like a very simplified Nevermore. Even the solos sound like a mini-Loomis, just without the shred :p Sounds like a mighty fine opener, but I guess the hits are among the other songs.

Exactly what I caught from it. Even a bit taken from TGE. That high-end vocal later makes the chorus!

The only 'Nevermore' in this song is Warrel.

Just have to tune out all the dumbass comparisons to Nevermore that will be emerging.

The only 'Nevermore' in this song is Warrel.

Just have to tune out all the dumbass comparisons to Nevermore that will be emerging.

It actually does make me think a bit of the Obsidian Conspiracy in some ways. It might just be in the way that the vocals are much more prominent than in many of the past Nevermore albums compared to the shredding. I think other than the obvious vocal connection though is the very modern production (which I think sounds fucking great and would LOVE to hear the original Sanctuary albums in such a way...).

To me it really sounds closer to Warrel's solo work than Nevermore, but with better songwriting and interesting riffs (sorry!). Also, saying the solos are like mini-Loomis isn't really that much of an insult. Not many out there can actually compete with him. Too bad he's not worth listening to without the rest of Nevermore.

You can also tell Warrel has been training his voice big time. It's a similar leap as what happened with Enemies to TGE.

Lots of space for everything in the mix, it sounds killer even on shitty you tube. Me likey.:headbang:
rock.gif

Wow, it's pretty much where I had hoped NM would have gone.

I don't care how we got there, just as long as we got there.

Agree. This is what I've been waiting for as well. It's fucking great, imo. Cannot wait to hear the rest.

Here's a direct youtube:

This sounds to me like a cross between where Nevermore was spending the last few years of their life and Warrel's solo stuff. It's fucking great. I was never a Sanctuary fan, they were a bit before my time and I never bothered getting into the older albums. But I absolutely loved Nevermore in all their phases and the main reason was Warrel's vocals. This song is something I can definitely get down with and I really look forward to the full abum. And who knows, I'll probably end up spending more time with the old material as well because of this new one. Well done shit here. :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
as I said I can only listen to the right side of the mix due to my shitty speakers and laziness keeping me from going to the apple store but here are what lyrics I could make out of it. someone else can fix my mistakes.

Arise and Purify
We are unchanged
We are Forgotten
Born of the blessed and the sick
We are the Rotten

Justice is in all your sorrows
Count your blessings die tomorrow

Arise and Purify
Subjugate and Justify
Erase and (?) leader of the masses
Free us all (Free the soul?)

They are the strange