arrangement problems

well you have two ways to link em... kinda a joke but get a floyd rose or any trem for that matter and hit a harmonic dive and continue into the next riff... cheap way huh.. or throw a sweep or any fill you come up with in between. what style of music are you playing?

Get together with a drummer, bassist, and vocalist. Guitar doesn't have to manage all the transitions, often enough the drummer cues most of them and the vocalist arranges all the riffs to his lyrics anyway.

i write tons of riffs, but can't link em together. anyone else have this problem? know how to fix it?

Learn what a root note is then you can start riffs in the following way.

If for example the 5th fret on the 5th string is the fret that you start a riff on you can then either do the open string on the 6th string the 3rd fret on the 4th string or the 2nd fret on the 3rd string.

But as you play trivium stuff i don't think this will be much help to you as your tunes will most probably consist of the 5th and 6th string and i predict your relatively new to gutiar so you wont be bothering with solos.

Basically just play riffs and when you find a fret where it connects do it......

There are plenty more frets that you could go to even on the 1st string it's all a matter of timing and principle.

Also instead of playing trivium riffs why not create something new for the metal community you know?

thanks. maybe i should clarify myself a little. i've been playing, mostly self-taught, for four years. all i really know is tablature. i don't solo, only because i can't. i learned most of what i know by jamming along to cds. i do make up my own riffs. i can't afford lessons, and wouldn't have time for em anyway. i really appreciate the advice.