Art Pro RDB reamp box, anyone have this?

Manicompression

doing it for the kids
Aug 20, 2007
Cleveland OH
So im looking for a reamp box. I saw this on ebay and after a search I cant find much in the way of user reviews. here is a link
http://artproaudio.com/art_products/audio_solutions/di_boxes/product/dual_rdb/
It looks pretty rad for the price. Certainly looks more flexable than the line2amp box but is it too good to be true? I have the focusrite ls56 interface and saw that guitarguru posted a cool video of a reamp without anything but a screamer with his 40. Is buying a reamp box even necessary, or does it just afford me a smidge more fidelity? Opinions would be helpful.

i'm guessing there aren't a lot of reviews since they're pretty new, but i'm thinking that for $79, you can't go wrong!

So I picked this up and did some reamping today. It performed flawless with my focusrite ls56. Im pretty happy with it. Big thanks to guitar guru for the youtube video posted on reamping with the pro 40, it helped me figure out the routing in mix control and was a huge timesaver. So for anyone thinking about this or who might pull this thread up hoping to learn more about this box, I give it a big thumbs up.

yeah, its a solid price for what it does. The volume controls on the send came in handy too. I cant compare it against anything else in terms of quality, but I didnt notice any degraded sounds. In the past I always just recorded a di and micd an amp at the same time, but my move to an apartment kind of necessitated reamping proper this time.

At topsoul, I didnt have a ton of time to dick around with trying to reamp with and without so i just went with it. In Guitar Gurus youtube vid his reamp sounds perfectly fine. The stuff I was doing had alot of clean material, and semi dirty tones and i didnt really want to risk running into noise hiss and hum once I had got my flow so i opted to be on the safe side.

Yeah I saw gurus video, he actually made that for a post I made lol I have a 2626 and I get this hum, but like a higher pitched hum. The tone is good, just that loud hum. I track with a radial DI and I wonder if the hum is caused by a impedance mismatch or a ground issue. I just wanted to see if you were having a similar problem as me.

Yeah I saw gurus video, he actually made that for a post I made lol I have a 2626 and I get this hum, but like a higher pitched hum. The tone is good, just that loud hum. I track with a radial DI and I wonder if the hum is caused by a impedance mismatch or a ground issue. I just wanted to see if you were having a similar problem as me.

Thats cool man, indirect thanks to you as well then for the video. Im pretty sure its not the going into the recording interface part you need to worry about so much. It seems like most interfaces have pretty good instrument inputs nowadays. Hell my old presonus firepod had one that worked fine for me with both active and passive pick ups. If your trying to use the radial di backward coming out of the interface and into your amp that would pose a mismatch problem for sure. Regardless the art box is a pretty cheap peice of kit and it worked just fine for me so I recommend it. I purchased it a little cheaper than normal on ebay using the make an offer option.

I should also say to stay away from Proaudiostar store on ebay if speed of service is important to you. Took them close to three weeks to get it to me from the date of purchase and they are one state over from me. Terrible communication. Not worth the 10 dollars I saved.

I was going to just buy one of the ART DI boxes for recording the DI signal and my mic'd amp but I might just buy one of these instead.