AS Forum collaborative playlists on Spotify

DanLights

Santa Hat Forever
Since I recently decided to jump on the musical paradise that is a premium membership on Spotify, I was thinking maybe we could do some collaborative playlists on different genres so that we can all recommend cool songs and bands to one another? I mean for example, I created a Brutal Death metal playlist with a few songs that I love from the genre, and someone else could come in an add some more, and someone else some more, and then we have a big playlist with great brutal death metal songs that I can listen to on shuffle and discover cool bands.

I know there's a "collaborative playlist" option on Spotify, but I'm not entirely sure how it works as in adding people to collaborate or if it's just open to my facebook/spotify friends in general, if anyone knows more and wants to participate, post here and we can get some stuff going?

We could also have a playlist with songs from bands from Sneap forum members that are on Spotify, or of course a playlist of the best songs produced by Andy, or in which Andy was involved in some way.

I know there's a lot of Spotify users here, so chime in!

Edit: Sneap's greatest hits (add stuff to it!) http://open.spotify.com/user/slipkyes/playlist/1bVCdXaBzNz1WwxaqBw5tb

I'd be down for that. I think the way it works is that you right click it in your playlists bar and set it to collaborative, then share the URL with whoever you want to collaborate with, or if you want anyone to be able to add to it, just publish it.

Cool, I think that's how it works, but even if I tick it as a collaborative playlist and copy the URL, it only shows me the playlist in my browser and starts playing, it doesn't let me edit or "collaborate". I'd love to see more people into this, maybe we can set a genre or subgenre or whatever and have each person put in 3 to 5 songs of that genre they like, so if we have 5 people in a playlist we got a 15-20 song playlist at least. Anyone else into the idea?

I'm gonna do a test, to see if anyone else can edit/add songs to it, this is my list for Brutal Death Metal:
http://open.spotify.com/user/slipkyes/playlist/2CqC55wi2CHoJkntZitEHw

Cool! Thing is I deleted that playlist some time ago and now it doesn't show up in my list of playlists in Spotify, even if I get notifications and can see the playlist, but I can't sync it to my phone because it doesn't show up in the list.

I'm thinking we could have a playlist where each one of us can add one song we've worked on (producing or playing) and we can all listen to each other's stuff. Anssi did this in the other facebook group (not the Sneap one, the former Sturgis one) and it's pretty cool.

I'm also gonna make one with Sneap's most recent works and post the link here if anyone wants to follow

So, here's a starting list for some of Andy's best works so far. There's plenty more (pretty much everything he does is awesome) and I wasn't only based on production but on the songs as well. And The Gathering doesn't seem to be on Spotify, at least not here in Spain, I would've obviously included that one.

Follow it and add songs to it! I'm keeping at one song per album, but we can repeat bands because each album is different and awesome in its own way.

http://open.spotify.com/user/slipkyes/playlist/1bVCdXaBzNz1WwxaqBw5tb

I'm thinking we could have a playlist where each one of us can add one song we've worked on (producing or playing) and we can all listen to each other's stuff. Anssi did this in the other facebook group (not the Sneap one, the former Sturgis one) and it's pretty cool.
That sounds like a great idea! I'll add something when I actually have something on Spotify :lol:

Also, a Sneap playlist without any Sabbat or Hell, what is this? :p