AS I LAY DYING command acclaim with "Shadows Are Security"

Gaunerin

vanquish the pain
Oct 5, 2001
ensamhetens vildmark
Their record breaking, Metal Blade Records release. AS I LAY DYING torched the stage June 24th to a sold out crowd at the CD Release Party at Soma, San Diego’s legendary music hot spot!!! AILD will continue to create pandemonium on Ozzfest 2005 where they co-headline the second stage along side Killswitch Engage and Rob Zombie. Now, these metal core mavens are headed to tell all on MTV2’s Headbangers Ball July 9th!!!

*AS I LAY DYING’s Shadows Are Security arrived on the Billboard charts at #1 independent record in the country and # 35 on the Top 200. and now in week two we tally over 47,000 copies sold first two weeks alone, that is Metal Blade Record's biggest number and highest charting position since the Goo Goo Dolls (the Goo Goo Dolls was a joint effort with Warner Brothers- so this is Metal Blade's biggest solo release ever.)

*On June 24th AS I LAY DYING whipped their home town of San Diego into a frenzy at their CD release show at Soma in support of Shadows Are Security. Next, AILD will be playing the upcoming Christian Cornerstone festival on July 1st in Marietta Illinois. AILD are set to bring the mayhem to the masses this summer as they co-headline the second stage on Ozzfest 2005. The band also has several off-fest dates with Killswitch Engage and Soilwork. Below is their complete touring schedule.

**And as if all these accomplishments weren’t enough the band went and won the Yahoo! Music Who’s Next contest by gaining the majority of votes! They were up against acts such as Armor For Sleep, The Forecast, and Bedouin Soundclash. Vocalist Tim Lambesis comments, "It’s not only an honor to have won, but to also have been one of the heaviest bands to participate in the Who's Next contest. We would like say thanks to Yahoo! Music and all of the people that voted for us over the course of the contest. We received an overwhelming majority of the votes which was amazing. Thanks to everyone for your support and we can’t wait to see you out on the road this summer on Ozzfest."

http://www.asilaydying.com