As much as I love Maiden, I think this is BS.

Saladbar

Jose Saladbar
Feb 12, 2007
Elgin, IL
According to a posting on the MySpace page of the London, UK-based hard rock band BURN IN REASON, the group — which features in its ranks George Harris, son of IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris — will support MAIDEN on the first leg of the Somewhere Back In Time World Tour.

Steve Harris' daughter, Lauren Harris, has already been confirmed as support for the first leg of the tour so this will be something of a family affair for Steve.

WTF?
Do you know how many bands Iron Maiden could be exposing during this tour? Even if they had 2 or maybe 3 bands as openers I would still preffer to sit through that rather than daughter and son, whose both bands suck ass!

I'm going to the Mexico City show and the venue just got upgraded to a stadium, it's already gonna suck having to fight my way to the front on a baseball field filled with people but now I have to put up with the seed of Harris' crappy music.
It'll just make Maiden sound much better I guess. Still it's Bullshit.

Yeah, I read that too.

I don't think Maiden is too concerned about exposing newer bands to larger audiences at this point in their career.

Cool you are going to Mexico City.
I will await a Chicago date.

WTF?
Do you know how many bands Iron Maiden could be exposing during this tour? Even if they had 2 or maybe 3 bands as openers I would still preffer to sit through that rather than daughter and son, whose both bands suck ass!

WTF?
Do you know how hot Lauren Harris is? I'd much rather stare at her for 45 minutes than see some random, no-name opening band. :worship:

I can look at ass all freaking day and Lauren isn't that hot really, besides she's going to be like a mile away. I'll just wear some good earplugs.

I thought they already said a full scale US tour will be part of the second leg, later in the year.

I don't think Maiden has ever skipped Chicago on a full US run.

I think the last time Maiden had a really good opening band was on the Fear Of The Dark tour with Testament and C.O.C. At this point in their careers they shouldn't -need- an opener, especially with this particular show. They should just have an intermission for a break and then continue.

I think the last time Maiden had a really good opening band was on the Fear Of The Dark tour with Testament and C.O.C. At this point in their careers they shouldn't -need- an opener, especially with this particular show. They should just have an intermission for a break and then continue.

Brave New World Tour, Queensryche and Halford opened the show. That was the first time I ever saw Halford onstage. Awesome.
I would love to have seen them with Testament though.

Maiden openers are hit or miss.

Sometimes it has been a win: (IE - Accept on the Powerslave tour, Dio/Motorhead on Give Me Ed Til I'm Dead), and others it has been a MAJOR miss (IE - Clutch / Monster Magnet on Ed Hunter, and most recently, Bullet For My V-Tine)

It's Maiden. I don't really care who opens, as it would not be any influence on whether or not I would go to the show.

I am pretty sure that this is just a joke. I think Steve's son is just trying to wind up the Iron Maiden bulletin board.

Their 2003 tour had Motorhead and Dio as openers, so Maiden can put together an awesome tour if they wanted to. I doubt they want to.

Anyway, there's a small part of me that actually wants the VANS shoes they have coming out with the Killers artwork on it. One of my friends had the Motorhead "Chucks" they had for import a while ago, though I doubt anyone but those emo kids into the whole retro 80s thing want them :(