Ascention of the Watchers with no autotune!

16S

all gods fail...
Apr 14, 2007
Reading, UK
~OMG i just listened to this full length and Burton C Bells vocals are awful! Absolutely bloody awful!!! Totally off key and lacking any kind of life...wtf??
I know hes not a great singer but switch the autotune on....
Its always on his FF vox and was obviously present during the AOTW EP- Iconclast.
Numinosum however is a total waste of money :puke:

My band played with FF in Philly in the mid nineties and the FF soundcheck was one of the most horrifying things I'd ever heard. Bell's vocals were very, very bad and were only (slightly) masked during their set by the excitement of the crowd and the rough live sound.

Haha, yeah, he's horrible. Reminds me of Justin Broadrick who's drunk or something. Back in lower secondary school Fear Factory's records were the first stuff I listened to, where I noticed the effects of autotune and that it had clearly been used. Saw them live back then too, and I remember being really disappointed with how the vocals sounded live, because Archetype had just come out and I loved that cd back then.

People lose their singing voices,The guy has toured for all these years, it takes its toll. The first FF albums you could'nt touch him.

I'm not complaining about FF. Burton sounds awesome on FF records. I am talking about Ascention of the Watchers full length release...

...so what happened on AOTW release? Did everyone else in the project just say " sounds great Burton"....when it obviously didn't...?

I actually laughed out loud the first time I heard a live recording of him singing.

.... He improved as he practiced.. but holy shit.. It was AWFUL.