Aschaffenburg 01.04.05 (i.e. April 1st, 2005)

Kabi225

New Metal Member
Jun 2, 2004
Hiya all,

great show last night, although personally I enjoyed the one in Verviers two days earlier somewhat more, mainly because the sound was more balanced.
Anyway, here's the setlist:

Intro: Mae Dae
Sinking Sand
The Thirst
Paint The Picture
At Death's Door
Prognosis
Monday
Pure
Nighttime Sky
Under Fire
Acquaintance
Progtology
Comatose
Below Zero
----------
Medley
-East Of Eden
-Missing
-Interact
-My Gavel Hand
Oasis

Duration was roughly 130 minutes, hence a slightly shortened set (compared to Verviers and Reichenbach), due to the fact that there was a support band(Alias Eye from Mannheim, whose set I enjoyed [and they had a more balanced sound].... but I'd seen them live before supporting Saga) and the dreaded "disco curfew" at the Colos-Saal, which meant that starting around 11:30 the room was flooded with teenagers [wearing confused expressions on their faces when listeing to the music onstage :eek:)].... oh well .......

Anyway, have a good time for the rest of the tour.

Kabi225

@Ed: I didn't make it to Aschaffenburg and you guys did what you hinted, Ed: You played 'prognosis'...arrrggghhhhh! :)

Sittin' in munich learning disgusting shit for my examination....and after wednesday....I will have a loud weekend full of Enchantment! :)

Kabi225 said:
the dreaded "disco curfew" at the Colos-Saal, which meant that starting around 11:30 the room was flooded with teenagers [wearing confused expressions on their faces when listeing to the music onstage :eek:)]
Yeah, shades of the Zeche in Bochum back in 2003. :D
I can't put into words how cool that medley most likely is... four songs nobody anticipated meshed into one. Awesome.

Some pics from the gig: http://community.webshots.com/album/311722820guIRBE
Review to follow soon. Ed, too bad we didn't meet again later. But you were gone and I wanted to drive home then.
I'll post the group pic later. ;)

Oh, and I complained about the early start of that "disco" in the Colos-Saal guestbook. Wonder if they will reply. I hated it - and Doug obviously, too, when that one guy told him to leave the stairs...

Jurgen

Thanks for the pictures :headbang:

Sorry I missed you after again, it was shower time and then I got trapped in the disco crowd. Madness :yell: Too bad they do that on weekends :yell:

It was nice to finally to meet you.

Thanks Kabi as well and slowhand you missed a ggod one.

Last night was a lot of fun.

ich bin besser said:
Some pics from the gig: http://community.webshots.com/album/311722820guIRBE
Review to follow soon. Ed, too bad we didn't meet again later. But you were gone and I wanted to drive home then.
I'll post the group pic later. ;)

Oh, and I complained about the early start of that "disco" in the Colos-Saal guestbook. Wonder if they will reply. I hated it - and Doug obviously, too, when that one guy told him to leave the stairs...

I want thank the whole band for showing up directly after the show. It was a mess with the disco crowd, but upstairs, it was okay.
Doug, I was impressed by your attitude when you talked about the relationship to the fans. That the fans are important and that a band has to be available for them, even if you feel tired, sick or whatever.
And the whole band proved how you live by that attitude. I mean, you didn't even have a beer and Sean no towel, but you took all the time to talk to the fans. Hell, it was even possible to organise that group photo with us. Fantastic!!!! You guys really rock and you are great people. Too bad I never know what to say in moments like these... ;)

My complaint in the guestbook about that disco situation caused some attention, btw. I will follow and report it. That venue is fantastic, but not when a concert is on the weekend...

Later,
Jürgen