Asian films

Su Jacko

Jul 12, 2003
Liverpool
Visit site
I've started watching absolutley loads of Japanese films recently, from the new wave of Directors to older classics. I saw Zatoichi, with Beat Takeshi and yer man from Ichi the Killer> Asano Tadonobu...it really was one of the best films I've seen and an awful lot of them make the tripe that we produce look like, well tripe...........

"what was that mother, oh yes aunt Felicity is rather a bore...lets go to Camden and see lots of middle class white people">Fuck off!!

anyway, i'm delighted that our local FACT centre is playing four Akira Kurosawa films.

Anyway, thoughts on Asian movies.............thinks............

Zatoichi was cool, yeah. Cinematographically. I wasnt much impressed by the story and the unnecessary violence but directing, music, rhythm, actors - all rule. Asano is the japanese johnny depp :)
See him in Electric Dragon 80.000V too, interesting movie.
About Asia: I just ordered the INfernal Affairs (HK) trilogy from UK, check out www.cdwow.com fair cheap shop.. IA will be remaked by Scorsesei, Pitt and DiCaprio, so I really prefer the original ..

Yeah internal affairs if getting shown here, looks boss. I'm getting quite the Asano collection. I got one called 'Snake skin man.etc' that's fucking dead good cult movie and one called 'Gojoe' about a monk who was once a bad bastard who has to fight, what the villagers believe is a demon. :hotjump:
I must say I quite like the violence in Zatoichi, in so far as It gave a great juxtaposition to a blind masseur..nice :)

I`m just watching the original version of the movie - "RING" pt1 2 & 3. It`s very cool but the german voices are too funny for a horror movie like that, because of the japanese dialect.

get "hero", very poetical action film... other good films:
tingu 1,2,0 and rasen
juon 1, 2 (the TV series instead of the movie ones
kairo
kourei
suicide circle
and go for all the other takeshi kitano films cause they fucking rule

If you want some other films by the director of ichi the killer, just get Visitor Q and Audition... awesome films

There are so many good asian films and so much litle time

best - how about Electric Dragon 80.000V? its like Tetsuo...

about Hero: its a kommunist propaganda story in a way, im not too impressed.

ED rules. See it! Electric guitar is an important part of the story anyway, so its metaal! :D