Asking Alexandria Copy Mix

Jaroslav Lukac

Negative Tunes
Nov 21, 2013
Prague
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, did a Sturgis style mix of Asking Alexandria´s Killing you. It was just for fun, so please, don´t take it too much seriously. If you are willing to check it, throw some opinion and comment. Peace :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! The mix sounds good, but I can hear some compression distortion on the kick hits. Pay attention to the low end to figure that out. That would be great to get rid of it in order to get cleaner mix.
Also, comparing to the David's mix, you have some low mids lack on the guitars. His cymbals are more present a bit and the snare has more body and less snare hissing in the upper mids.

More balls and punch on the rhythm guitar. Perhaps add low end eq for more power. Can hear the gate clamp down at the stop in the middle. Needs cleaning up there but nice job overall IMO!

Sweet mix man! :) Prefer your style to David's on this particular track - I feel the overheads are less overbearing on yours and the low end has a tight punch. Could be my faulty ears though! :D Agree with a possible wide-Q low end boost of around 150Hz on the guitars, I think that would give them the punch of the original track. Great sound man :)