ASKING ALEXANDRIA Interviewed On 'The Vinnie Langdon Show' (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"The Vinnie Langdon Show" conducted an interview with the British metalcore act ASKING ALEXANDRIA at the Aftershock festival, which took place September 14-15 at Discovery Park in Sacramento, California. You can now watch the chat below. ASKING ALEXANDRIA's third album, "From Death To Destiny", sold 38,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 6 on The Billboard 200 chart. This achievement not only marks the group's highest-charting debut ever, but also Sumerian Records' highest first-week sales to date. "From Death To Destiny" debuted at No. 1 on the U.K. rock and metal chart. It's another first for the band, and it's particularly special for the band to garner so much support throughout their home country. Commented ASKING ALEXANDRIA guitarist Ben Bruce: "It's taken long enough! It wasn't because we were being lazy, but because we wanted it to be perfect. 'From Death To Destiny' is our third album and we wanted to make sure we'd bring out the best possible record we could." He continued: "This is our biggest sounding record and alongside the classic ASKING ALEXANDRIA stuff — the breakdown sections, heavy sections, fast sections — we've thrown a lot of new influences in there. It's a very diverse album and I think people who pigeonholed us are going to realize they were wrong when they hear it." Issued on August 6 via Sumerian Records, "From Death To Destiny" was recorded with renowned producer Joey Sturgis (THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA, EMMURE). Most of the new CD was tracked at Sturgis' studio in Indiana, while the vocals and strings and choir parts were laid down at NRG Recording Studios in North Hollywood, California. "From Death To Destiny" track listing: 01. Don't Pray For Me 02. Killing You 03. The Death Of Me 04. Run Free 05. Break Down The Walls 06. Poison 07. Believe 08. Creature 09. White Line Fever 10. Moving On 11. The Road 12. Until The End (ft. Howard Jones) 13. The Death Of Me (Rock Mix)

More...