Asking Alexandria - Morte et Dabo cover

wanna post some mixing practice stems for this?

if you do i could do vocals on it then when im done with my mix i could send you the raw files for vocals.

also what tuning did you make this in?

BTW haha i hate this band but you tuning it down made me interested in it, that and i have nothing to do all week. i also hate drop C. idk why

NEW MIX WITH SYNTHS AND SHIT
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9992828/Morte Et Dabo Synthmix.mp3

I'm not really feeling having the same intro. I might change it up entirely and do something different.

wanna post some mixing practice stems for this?

if you do i could do vocals on it then when im done with my mix i could send you the raw files for vocals.

also what tuning did you make this in?

BTW haha i hate this band but you tuning it down made me interested in it, that and i have nothing to do all week. i also hate drop C. idk why

I will gladly post tomorrow since I'm going to bed for the night. :D
This is a cover for my solo band thing, and I'm going to be doing vocals sometime soon. :kickass:

But feel free to do vocals if you like!
There are actually two tunings. :D
Most of the song is in G.
The chorus is C.

Just did the vocals. I pretty much suck at processing vocals and have the shittiest gear..
I used an MXL 990 into a GUITAR PORT. So it's really not the best. I want an sm7. :/

I cringe every time I hear my singing. If someone would oblige me, I'll gladly send you the files for you to record your beautiful voice in place of mine and give you credit when I put the cover out. :]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9992828/Legion of the Serpent/Morte Et Dabo.mp3

Actually I tought it was the real vocals just downshifted.. I think that what is making the mix weird is taht you detuned it down to G. When you're used to the song in C it's really strange I don't think the mix is so bad though.

I agree.
The reason I'm making this cover is because I genuinely love the band but I would like to see what they've made in a sort of different style.
Instead of making it sound like a djent/groove metal song, it just sounds pretty much just like them. I think I'd have liked to change the construction of the song a bit more.

Either way, I was modelling it after the original mix because fans probably wouldn't dig it if the mix was shitty, and you know.. it's really hard to try and model a Strugis mix, especially with my experience and lack of equipment.

So it has turned out to be a huge pain in the ass and I don't think I can be satisfied. ;P

If you're making a ''cover'' you might want to try to achieve the sturgis sound (but in this case don't drop the guitars) and if you're making a total remix try to emulate a unique sound (djenty or I don't know) and change some parts, just keep the general riffs and such.

At this point, it would be easiest and in accordance with my original plan to try to make a unique sound and add/remove/change a few parts of the song. I might, for example, take the singing out and just put a totally new part in there. :lol:

Instead of going for a Sturgis mix and failing, I can try something that would really compliment the "djent" changes I'm trying to make.

Heh. Back to work I go!