Asking Alexandria - Morte et Dabo cover

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9992828/Morte Et Dabo.mp3

Detuned the guitars for this bitch. Fuck C.

I need MOAR PUNCH
I've yet to overload it with synths, but rest assured, I'm going to.

I'd love criticism and everything.

I'll start.

Fix the fucking snare. It's obviously programmed. :Smokedev:

Okay, your turn. :D

[I also posted this in the Sneap forum but I figured I'd do it here to since it might be more welcomed. :kickass:]

Fix the fucking snare. It's obviously pro....oh wait. haha

Sounds very artificial; like the guitars are MIDI. You sure they're real? Maybe ease up on the editing a bit? I'm listening on ear buds so I can't comment too much on the actual mix but I think the drums (once you tweak them) could be a bit more powerful and the kick a little less papery. It sounds very clickyslaptastic. Yes, I just made up a word.

Guys, I'm just going to go ahead and say that I have the precision of a GOD and those guitars are one take. ;]

By the way, here's a new mix with vocals.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9992828/Human Drumss.mp3

Heads up.. my singing sucks balls and I'm currently looking for a singer who doesn't sound like a dead animal, if anybody's interested..
Vocals are pretty much solely one-take lines because I tracked in my room, without AC, and after about twenty minutes, I was drenched in sweat because I live in Florida and it's summer.. so I felt like not really giving a shit and getting it over with. I'll probably retrack some parts later, in a more comfortable environment.

It is Electri6ity, by the way.
Stupid over-edited and/or programmed perfection is beautiful to me. Plus, I have no guitar and no guitarists I know would really be into doing this with me.

Though, don't get me wrong, I would definitely rather have a guitarist do the guitars for me.

Programming this bullshit sucks.
Electri6ity sucks nuts at palm mutes. So I had to sample my own and manually place them in there.. took forever.

Doooood you got these drums from the UG tab right? I tabbed that shit :D
I also have a drum cover haha if anyone cares. Mines the drum one that's good ;)

I posted a thread before, about this project when it was only a cover but it got deleted for some reason. ^_^

Anyways, I wanted to try this instead of trying to emulate the Sturgis sound and fail at singing those clean vocals.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9992828/Morte et Dabo [DJENT REMIX] Instrumental.mp3

The song structure is pretty much the same, I just changed riffs around and went for a totally different sound.

The guitars are tuned to F.

SO what do you think about the idea? What do you think about the mix? Please let me know!

no, it was just moved to correct subforum. I combined this to the same thread.

PS: so "instead of trying to emulate the Sturgis sound" you went for Periphery, the other "oh we are so hip right now in the scene" -style? :devil:

I didn't see that and I apologize.
I even read the stickies after seeing it disappear but I wasn't observant enough to find the sticky about where to post my things, I guess.

And no, I didn't try to emulate Periphery, but thanks, I guess?
Honestly the guitar tone was something inspired by Meshuggah's Obzen. The bass was inspired by After the Burial's In Dreams.
The kick is a few samples, with the Born of Osiris kick in there too. It shows a lot, to me.
And, the OHs are SDs avatar kit.

So it's more of a mixture of the "djent" bands I enjoy, which I guess, includes Periphery since the drums are SD. Hahaha.

The vocals I'm going to be doing are fry, as well, which sound not too far from BTBAM and/or Meshuggah.

I don't think ATB or BTBAM or Meshuggah are "oh so hip" in the scene, so please don't mock me for what I'm trying to do. :D

Thanks for the heads up about the movement, though. I didn't even think to look in Off-Topic because I'm used to threads about photography going in there on the AS forum. :lol:

no, it was just moved to correct subforum. I combined this to the same thread.

PS: so "instead of trying to emulate the Sturgis sound" you went for Periphery, the other "oh we are so hip right now in the scene" -style? :devil:

If you're talking about djent being the "oh we are so hip right now in the scene" style, then YEAH.
I'm not ashamed to like all this stuff a lot of you guys disrespect for.
Before I knew what "djent" was, I loved it when I heard a distinct "groove" in the metal I listened to.. and then I found this not-new-but-new genre where the focal point was groove itself.

I LOVE Asking Alexandria because their tunes are simple and catchy, and their vocalist sounds like an angel.
Turning a song of theirs into one of my favorite genres is a great idea, in my opinion.

And, since almost every artist on Asking Alexandria's label plays djenty music, besides Asking Alexandria, I thought it would be humorous as well. :D

Having owned Chaosphere since 1999 I would say that Periphery basically brought djent popular in the States by just ripping off Meshuggah ~10 years later, so I would say yup, I still stand behind my words. :D

You can stand by your words but I was still imagining how cool I think the guitars sound in Obzen when I was forming the tone. Periphery did not enter my mind for a moment. :D

MaellaJohn said:
Yes!
Thanks for tabbing, dude! It helped a lot. :D

In the end, I wound up changing a lot around though. xP

You're welcome :D
glad to see its gone to good use