Assuming UFOs are aliens and not government craft:

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
Why aren't there many stories of sightings in New England?

Since they're mostly in the US desert regions and Mexico, this lends credence to the explanation that they're government craft. So in UFO theory, is there some reason why UFOs aren't often sighted in New England?

I know this is probably a tired and well touched-upon topic, but I don't really feel like searching the web for answers.

Toby, there are shitloads of N.E. sightings!

NY is a SUPER hotbed, too, and that spills over into western Mass, and and... well shucks, all over the place.

i will post links later when i get he chance, but mainly this stuff is mentioned all over the place...

also, i personally think a mix of govn't and alien, but alien doesn't necessarily suggest extraterrestrial OR messkin.

Here you go:

Interesting little page of blurbs concerning historical sightings of anomalous crap

dunno if you want to consider upstate NY as a part of New England, but a major UFO flap was occurring in the mid 80's. here's a basic overview on that. i went to college in the area during the 90's and at some point i should tell the story of the three creepy UFO-watcher people from Brooklyn that wanted me to go "camping" with them in the Pine Bush area. (Pine Bush is known as an abduction hotspot). ultra-shadiness.

the Betty and Barney Hill incident drew national attention and continues to be one of the most talked about cases in recent history. it occurred in the area of Portsmouth, New Hampshire. This page provides a lot of links to basic info on the event.

the Buff Ledge, Vermont Incident. there is a small-press run book availabe on this - the case seems interesting. i obtained it from a local library last year but never finished reading it.

basic rundown of sightings around the Boston area.

interesting piece on first UFO sighting in America, taking place in 1639, and reported by the governor of the Masschussets Bay Colony..!

another infamous case, the Allagash (Maine) abduction

so there's a start. i'm sure there is tons more out there...