Astral Doors is recording!

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
No kidding. I don't know where Nils gets his strenght, after having not one but two top ten albums in 2006 his main band is recording again to release for 2007 :kickass:

Studio report by Joachim

So far we have recorded the vocals to 5 new songs and my feeling is that this time you will hear a couple of new sides of Astral Doors. For example, todays song is a heavy-ballad kind of tune named "Bastard Son". I promise you, you have never heard Patrik sing with such emotion before, it's breathtaking! In the other hand we have harder songs than ever before as well. "Planet Earth" is one example of that, the meanest song we have done this far. But don't worry, it will all fit in the frame of the true Astral-sound. So I guess you will hear a more varying Astral Doors when this, not yet entitled record will hit the stores. When? After the summer of 2007 I guess.

I hope you all will have a great new year,

NP: Steve Vai - 'Glorious'

Glad to hear they're going to shake things up a bit. I thought Astralism was a little too one dimensional with all the songs clipping along at the same pace. Nils sounds so killer on the slower, emotional songs. They need more acoustical pieces IMO.

I'm curious too. I have all their albums so far, and like the band, but they definitely have the AC/DC & Motorhead effect . . . . everything starts to sound the same. Change can be good or bad (Metallica ), so I'll be looking forward to hearing this one.

Steve in Philly

The album is scheduled to be released on September 14th. This Friday. But it has already leaked. Has anybody listened to it? :p

Yes, I already d/l it :D Not bad, weaker IMO to their previous efforts mainly because they wanted to change the sound to a less guitar driven album, nevertheless is pure AD. But frankly the new Lion's Share is much better (leaked too, also d/l it).

This is the year of Nils Patrick Johanssen, I'm like nuts waiting for both to show on CD an buy them. The artwork of the albums can be seen on their MySpace sites.

I have listened the half of the album and I also see that they have changed their style a little. The self titled song is very Maiden-esque and I also find some Helloween influences. Not bad, but I prefer their "old" sound. I also have to listen the entire album.

I was listening to "Astralism" yesterday in the gym and definitively I still like it better than the new one, but again I had it listened to it much since I'm going to buy it come hell or high water. Once the CD is on my hands it would have the proper spinning, I have time before Dec 31 to make my mind on the list.

The album has grown on me the last days and it's really very good.

Which means you already have it. I hate you! :p Hope to buy my copy as soon as available, I have listened to the evaluation co*cough cough*py :saint: many times already and I like better the new Lion's Share album, but that may change.

Undoubtedly this is the year of Nils Patrick Johanssen :headbang:

NP: Poisonblack - 'Pain Becomes Me'

Which means you already have it. I hate you! :p

No, don't hate me, I don't have it yet. But I have listened many many times the downloaded promo.

I will purchase for sure the album when it will come out (unfortunately I have not seen it anywhere yet, although I thought that the release date is September 14th), it's one of the best 2007 releases so far.

No, don't hate me, I don't have it yet. But I have listened many many times the downloaded promo.

:lol::lol::lol:

So we are on the same spot :cool:. For some reason I take for granted it's easier to get the albums where you are than where I am.

My albu of the year position is taken and I doubt anything will dethrone it, but surely AD will make the top 15. Now Lion's Share in on #7 and as I said before I like it better so far.

The official release this side of the pond is supposedly October 9th.

NP: Amaran's Plight - Incident At Haldeman's Lake

I'd never heard of these guys before, but on a whim I decided to download a track from their new disc. First thought that crossed my mind was "Hey, that's the singer from Space Odyssey!"

Music is pretty solid, excellent singer.

Just got the confirmation email from the e-shop where I made the order, for the shipping of the CD. :kickass:

I really can't stop listening the mp3s of "New Revelation", one of the most enjoyable albums of 2007 for sure.

Just got the confirmation email from the e-shop where I made the order, for the shipping of the CD. :kickass:

I really can't stop listening the mp3s of "New Revelation", one of the most enjoyable albums of 2007 for sure.

Me too, bought it yesterday they confirmed the shipping today :headbang:

NP: Count Raven - 'An Ordinary Loser'

Hay Wyvern! You do know that AD is playing at PPUSA9 right? Now you MUST come next year. Otherwise You are going to lose your fan-boy status:lol:

Hay Wyvern! You do know that AD is playing at PPUSA9 right? Now you MUST come next year. Otherwise You are going to lose your fan-boy status:lol:

NO SHIT! They're confirmed? Alright that settles it see you guys in Atlanta next year. Man I owe a round :kickass:

NP: Satanic Rites - 'Matter Of Evolution'