Astriaal

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
Best Australian band at the moment?

What do you think? Personally, I reckon that if this band was in Sweden right now they'd be fucking huge.

A remarkable band and I can't wait to see them at M4tB. 'Renascent Misanthorpy' is a goddamn masterpiece.

They should be huge. Hopefully they will get some world wide recognition. They are a fuckload better than a lot of the other black metal bands signed to some bigger labels like Century Media and Nuclear Blast...

I totally agree. There are a lot of incredibly sub-par BM bands being pushed by big labels like Jewclear Blast that are no where near as good as Astriaal.
They deserve a lot more recognition than they get, as do hundreds of Aussie bands that are so much better than this "modern BM" that's crammed down peoples throats.
That said, I have to get my copy of Renascent Misanthropy soon........

Haupassia said:
They are a fuckload better than a lot of the other black metal bands signed to some bigger labels like Century Media and Nuclear Blast...
Same could be said for alot of Aussie bands, not just black metal, but all styles. Dungeon, Infernal Method, Psycroptic... need I go on? I know of many "2nd level" Aussie bands that still shit on alot of stuff that's coming out of Europe and America these days

Goreripper said:
Todd is spot on. Let's move Australia to Europe. If we can get enough guys it shouldn't be that hard.
Yes, Gore, but then we'd have to live next to the French and I's don't think any of us would be able to stand that. :D

And back on topic:
Astriaal fucking rock! :headbang:
I's reckon that their last release -Renascent Misanthropy- was one of the best albums of the year, not just in Australia but worldwide!
I's don't think that there really is any overseas album that could compare with Astriaal's technical brutality and sheer fucking talent this year.
But that is mere The Pimp's opinion and is in no way disagreeing with what anyone else may think was the best album of 2003/

Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Astriaal is a fucking awesome BM band. But I really don't want to see them as the next "hit" international BM that sells out.

There are some real kick ass BM bands from OZ that put alot of the Norweigan stuff to shame.

By the way, does any one know what happened to the guys from Catacomb after they broke up, cos I would hate to hear that they have quit music altogether. RIP Catacomb