AT THE GATES/Ex-THE HAUNTED Guitarist To Release Solo Debut In November

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former THE HAUNTED and current AT THE GATES guitarist Anders Björler will release his first solo album, "Antikythera" (formerly "The Antikythera Mechanism"), on November 6 via Razzia Notes, the label headed up by IN FLAMES frontman Anders Fridén. The CD was mixed and mastered by Tue Madsen at Antfarm Studio in Aarhus, Denmark. The artwork and layout design was conceived by Costin Chioreanu (Twilight13Media)A teaser for the album can be seen below."Antikythera" recording lineup:* Anders Björler (THE HAUNTED, AT THE GATES) - Guitar, Keyboards, Mellotron & Moog* Morgan Ågren (MATS & MORGAN BAND, KAIPA, FREDRIK THORDENDAL'S SPECIAL DEFECTS) - Drums, Percussion* Dick Lövgren (MESHUGGAH) - Bass* Carl Svensson - Additional Electric And Acoustic Guitars* Peter Wiberg (THE SPOTNICKS) - Piano* Anders Gabrielson - SaxophoneAnders previously stated about his upcoming album: "This is NOT a 'metal' project. Those of you who are familiar with my soundtrack/movie stuff for THE HAUNTED and AT THE GATES documentaries will know somewhat to expect. It's inspired by Italian film music from the '60 and '70s, post rock, ambient, progressive, jazz, and Swedish folk music." Björler announced his departure from THE HAUNTED in October. He explained in a statement, "I feel that I have come to the end of the line regarding THE HAUNTED. This is not a sudden or hasty decision. I have been contemplating it for the last couple of years. Peter's [Dolving, vocals] departure [in early 2012] made me more certain than ever that I had reached my personal goal with THE HAUNTED, and that the time was right to call it quits. I have enjoyed every bit of the ride. It's been an overwhelming journey."

andersbjorlercdcover.jpg

andersbjorlerantikadlineup_638.jpg

More...