At The Gates Reunion and Rumors

Hello all,

just wanted to tell you the latest concerning the possibility of an At The Gates Reunion. Yesterday I talked to Tomas Lindberg, he played with The Great Deciever here in Trier.
I first asked him if there's a chance to see Nightrage live some time in the future. This might be possible... However, I then had to ask about At The Gates and what's true about the possibility of a (live-) Reunion. He said that he doesn't know anything of a conversation with the other ATG-guys in London last December (the gig with Nightrage, DT, Arch Enemy and so on...) but that he could imagine it if there's no problem with the other bands and if it would be fun...

That's all. What do you think? Would you like to see ATG live? I've never seen them and it would be some kind of a dream coming true.

I would love to see ATG live, unfortunately, it's likely going to be an European thing.

I would absolutely love to see these guys. I've been a pretty intense fan of At The Gates for even longer than I've been a DT fan. The thought of them having a reunion gives me a sick kind of hope. I know alot of people say reunions suck, but if they can get their shit together and practice their songs then I see there being no reason why it wouldn't be one of the best Reunions in metal history to this date.

World of Lies or Nondivine live would just destroy me. It'd be too good.

hey schwedentod the great deceiver waren cool oder`?
ich konnt doch leider nicht aufs krakfest (hatte heuntn date hehe da muss man prioritäten setzen)aber danke fürs angebot

okay this about the same was tompa told me some weeks agoa s I met him in stuttgart at the TGD-gig, he heard this rumours but he doesnt know something about this.
why is it written everywhere that they talked about this?

anyhwere have fun this second day on krakfest and dont miss the ocean-the best german band ever

RELEASE ME FROM YOUR WORLD OF LIES I CANNOT BEAR THIS PAIN.
oh man... that would be sooo cool to see At The Gates, Nightrage and Dark Tranquillity live at one evening! gogo reunion!

@solefald: I will miss The Ocean since I was only there yesterday... Aborted have been great, Hatesphere too and The Great Deciever were cool as well. Was definitely a good evening, although I don't like Hardcore/ Metalcore and there have been quite a lot bands of this direction (e.g. Cataract - had some beer while they played...).

@Delirious: I forgot that... I'm talking of a live-only reunion, too. Seeing them live would be great, but I think there's no need for another album. There are other opportunities, see Nightrage or The Haunted.

Schwedentod said:
@Delirious: I forgot that... I'm talking of a live-only reunion, too. Seeing them live would be great, but I think there's no need for another album. There are other opportunities, see Nightrage or The Haunted.

actually, you didn't forget. :)
i just felt like emphasizing it, since think a new album would feel entirely wrong.

That reunion Would be REALLY SWEET!!!....and they have to tour the states..the thing about these shitty promoters is that they don't know the difference between GOOD bands and crap...I mean..DT fucking played a good show in Austin and Im glad these promoters in Tx realize the love for the music and realize that we do support it..the only thing that brings me down is the booking of shitty bands especially here in South Tx...We had Mudvayne play yesterday..and $25 a ticket fuck that!!...DT, Soilwork were $10 less and it really was the best show ive been in a long time..last one was In Flames...oh well, I guess theyll never know...

ppppllllleeeease "put begging on knees smily here" let them make just one more cd ppplllleeeaassseeee!! :headbang:

I'd love to see a new Sacrilege album. I hope if the rumor about ATG is true they at least release a live dvd from the tour, I'd love to see that.

I would definitely catch them live in they'd come in Canada. ATG was what got me into Swedish metal. I personnaly really enjoy The Haunted as well...even if it's not exactly in the same direction as ATG (...and why would they do that?).

Also as we all noticed with different concerts...all of the original members play freakin' tight live (well...personnaly saw The Haunted 1 time (+DVD) and CoF a couple of times..never seen Tomas Lindberg sing though). So...I don't think they would have difficulties to nail that classic old school stuff live. :p

Hope to hear some kind of update with that! :headbang:

I would love to see an At The Gates reunion tour. The only thing that would suck, at least here in the US, is that since they split up, the idiot hardcore kids have been trying to claim them as their own. Any ATG show in the US would be a giant fucking ninja fest.