Attention Droogies: There will be *NO* reunion.

Officer Nice

Masshole
Oct 7, 2002
Droogies!

One question that keeps coming up that I have already answered, but still remains, is the reunion.

People, it is not going to happen. Especially after seeing claims that I am unfair and inconsiderate. Who gives a fuck about why it isn’t happening, it just isn’t. And to tell people personal shit about 'what' happened or to say things like this about each other (note – I didn’t say shit) only solidifies my decision. 'What happens on the mile, stays on the mile.'

It just makes me nauseous to see someone pouring out their guts over something that is as unlikely to happen as that.

Remember, (drummer, Nick) Menza was ready to go, and like I said, I was unable to accommodate the others. The reasons don’t matter. And as respectfully as I can say this, it is not anyone else’s business but the people I talked to. And . . . they know the number to my management if they reconsider.

Now, please drop it.

I have found some players that I believe in, and am assembling a group to play with me. No one questioned my choices when I picked anyone else in the past. I think I know what I’m doing. And if ya don’t like it, well there’s always that big super-group that all the ex-members were trying to form. Hahahahahaha!"

Mustaine goes on to talk about the upcoming Megadeth reissues:

"Things have been getting better here in the land of ‘all-things-mega’ and we have been making headway. I sang 'Take No Prisoners' on Monday night, just in case that Capitol can’t find the master vocals, and they are identical to the original. So, in the worst case scenario 'TNP' will just have new vocals on it, although they were sang exactly as the original version. In the best case scenario, I will still find the originals.

The MD.45 tracks are still missing vocals and I have decided that if time permits, I am going to sing the record. I believe that Lee Ving would want our songs to be heard, versus them stay like they are (virtually unheard). And the option of having him redo them would be ignoring the press and the fans that weren’t too fond of him in the first place.

Well, Youthanasia put up a good fight but I won, and it is now in the bag. I gotta tell you, it is way heavier and way cleaner sounding. There is a pile of shit on the floor of the studio that was stripped off of the record. All of the weird percussion stuff was ditched, and there was also a solo on 'Train Of Consequences' that was put back in at the end that I did. Many of you have heard this solo live.

The songs are 'revved up' and much more exciting and I have at least two 'real cool' bonus songs.

SO for the record, Nick had the best performances on Youth again, as he did on both RIP and Countdown. This is not to be taken as the most tastiest, or the coolest; it simply means that he had the best performances and needed the least work to make him sound awesome.

Saying who was next would only make the other three look bad, but I wanted to let you know how blessed we all were to have had Nick play with/for me all of those years.

I am skipping Cryptic Writings and the MD.45 project to tackle Risk next. I will come back to them after I finish Risk if I still have time.

Contrary to popular belief, Risk is a great fooking record and I will prove it when you get your copy of it the way it was supposed to sound.

MSGD!"