attn: Baliset

azal

love is the answer
Nov 12, 2002
Belgrade, Serbia
Visit site
you have the new Nevermore yet?

I'm kinda dissapointed.

it's cool, but not as cool as it should be.

and the production is weird.

and Warell sounds bored.

no i haven't gotten it yet but basically i am expecting the worst from it. I mean my feeling with Nevermore is always that they are a band kind of on a pyramid with Nevermore being pretty awesome, Politics being fucking amazing, Dreaming Neon Black being total godliness, and DHIADW being awesome but a step down after DNB(especially with that rancid cover of Sound of Silence).

As for the production on the new one, I suppose that is what they get for working with the replacement guitarist from Queensrhyche, i mean who has he produced? I am betting Century Media gave them a shit recording budget or something because I mean you can't go from having Neil Kernon and then Andy Sneap producing your records to using Kelly Gray? I can understand deciding to use someone other than Kernon for the sake of variety but I mean there are so many good metal producers out there.

I think I noticed Warrel being bored on the last one too. I think he just tends to use some of the same melodic resolutions in his singing and after a while the songs start to sound like they have almost similar melody lines to me at least whereas DNB had such gutteral fucking emotion coming out of every word that it fucking destroys me every time I listen to it.

Any-hoo, I have an mp3 of the title track and its ok. Its a good metal rager but I am definitely not as excited as when I heard the samples from DNB.

I suppose I feel the same way about the new Maiden because I heard the studio version of that new song they played live and it really is not all that exciting to me. So maybe the rest of the album will blow me away but right now I am setting my expectations low even though, really, Iron Maiden has nothing left to prove to me. And the cover art is kinda dumb from what i saw on their website.

BUT the upside to this somewhat negative post is that regardless, i will be purchasing both the new nevermore and new iron maiden albums because those are bands that i just do that for without question(like Metallica) and I am willing to bet that even with their flaws these albums will be aeons above other albums released this year(St. Anger).

that is all.

ps. bfs-nice rhyme! i am willing to bet warrell would be into it. and afterwards he can cook you dinner because he is a trained italian chef and as he told me in the interview i did with him back in 1999 the "ladies love a man who can cook italian." then i was really thankful i was a trained big y pizza chef BUT i realized it probably isn't the same.

but i can make one heck of a stromboli.