attn: baliset

goatschool

Sep 12, 2002
www.youtube.com
this is my current hypothesis on the PS2 game WWE:SMACKDOWN:SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

please give me your input.

proposal: the creators of this game need to have their necks broken with a sledgehammer.

here is why:

1a.) every match that is not a one by one match is marred by the preposterous targeting scheme,

1b.) every other match is a tag team or triple threat match

2.) your character attempts to escape the cage, during a cage match, at the speed of 1 hand movement per 10 seconds. the enemy can ascend not unlike a spider on fire.

2a.) any NPC you've created and that you attempt to play during season mode, will automatically lose, because every match they are thrown into is either 1b or 2a caliber.

3.) more often than not, the playing experience boils down to a 30 second entrance scene, 3 load periods, and 8 seconds worth of a losing, shittily handled match.

4.) brock lesnar's face is annoying as motherfucking shit.

5.) HOW DO YOU FIGHT OUTSIDE OF THE RING?

6.) HOW DO YOU ASCEND THE SPANISH ANNOUNCER'S TABLE?

7.) HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU SUCCESSFULLY HURL AN OPPONENT INTO THE ROPES/TURNBUCKLE?

sub-conclusion: i am willing to compromise and accept a face shredding via cheese grater for the programmers at YUKES.

what you say?

Originally posted by goatschool
2.) your character attempts to escape the cage, during a cage match, at the speed of 1 hand movement per 10 seconds. the enemy can ascend not unlike a spider on fire.

I can't speak to your other concerns, having not yet purchased this fine commodity, but this one seems fairly true to life.

i have taken your arguments into consideration.

For the cage I have noticed the hardness and slowness of escaping the cage successfully. Basically, I have to usually hit the opponent with a minimum of two finishing maneveurs to get them to stay down long enough.

To fight outside of the ring you need to press R1 to leave the ring. Once outside if you move to the center of any side of the ring and press R1 by itself you will reach under and find a weapon.

To get on the spanish announcers table you need to press triangle and whatever direction is facing the table and you'll get up there.

Throwing an opponent into the ropes is annoyingly difficult but the best solution i have found is to get an opponent in a grapple and while in the grapple use the analog sticks to move the direction your throw will go in and get it so your back is towards a turnbuckle and press circle once without holding it.

Yes Brock Lesnar's face is annoying but he has got the boo-nastiest moves in the entire game, i.e. his shoulder shrug/clothesline.

The game is now finally getting to become too easy for me so i need to up the playing difficulty. I find on a whole that these characters are alot less rigged than the ones in Wrestlemania 2000. As Josh will attest to, the Undertaker in that game was pretty friggin impossible as was Test for some unknown reason.