Attn: Doomcifer and Zod

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
Care to share a sampling of what you have in your mp3 players for use when exercising? Today was the first time I used mine while lifting and Nile seemed to be a great choice but I'm at a loss for what else to use.

While on the subject, do you guys like Met-rx's Pure Protein bars? Around here they're only about $1.25. Not bad. Neither are their meal replacement bars.

I dont have an mp3 player yet but normally I would just listen to something aggressive like thrash metal etal.

I was never a huge fan of bars because they are loaded with fillers and high fructose corn syrup but are fine for when you are on the run and need to get extra calories in I guess. Anything goes while bulking anyhow.

Cliff Bars use only oats, soy, cane syrup. Protein isn't huge, but at least it's not a bunch of crap calories.

My playlist is a mix, but here are some of the songs for working out:

Suffocation "Infecting the Crypts"
Darkthrone "Cult of Goliath"
Lost Horizon "Sworn In the Metal Wind"
Sepultura "Beneath the Remains"
Morbid Saint "Lock Up Your Children"
The Sword "Iron Swan"
Obituary "Gates of Hell"
Morbid Angel "Chapel of Ghouls"
Slayer "Show No Mercy"
Napalm Death "Sink Fast Let Go"
Entombed "But Life Goes On"
Bruce Dickinson "Soul Intruders"

For me a mix of aggressive styles, thrash, black, death, true metal... it's just about that vibe that makes me want to push it further.

Doomcifer: no mp3 player yet eh? Come on man, if I can do it, anyone can!

btw: mmmmm...high fructose corn syrup

Favorite lifting discs on my MP3 player:

Amon Amarth "vs. the World"
Iced Earth "Dark Saga"
Dark Tranquillity "Damage Done"
Tad Morose "Matters of the Dark"
Satyricon "Now, Diabolical"

Zod

While on the subject, do you guys like Met-rx's Pure Protein bars? Around here they're only about $1.25. Not bad. Neither are their meal replacement bars.
I think I've eaten the same bar for breakfast every day for the last three years. Trio-Plex chocloate coconut. They're roughly 400 calories, so they qualify as a meal replacement.

Zod

Met-rx's shit can be found in chain drug stores like Walgreens so it's easy for me to stop by one in the middle of an 18 hour day and score 2 or 3. Their meal replacement bars are called "Big 100" I think. Pretty nasty except for the peanut butter one. I have to chase it with some whole milk or my innards shut down.
Never heard of Trio-plex. Is that the brand or the name of the bar?

Never heard of Trio-plex. Is that the brand or the name of the bar?
Trio-plex is the name of the brand and the bar. None of the bars, by any brand, are delicious. It's a trade off between fat/carbs and taste. If you want to try something really tasty, try Muscle Milk. You'd swear you're drinking a milk shake. However, if you look at the ingredients, you'll see it has a high fat content. The company says the fat that they use is "healthy fat" and propells myscle growth. I'm not sure how true that is.

Zod

lol @ healthy fat. Indeed, fat is just as important as anything else in the diet, but it's funny they go out of their way to point that out.
Personally, I prefer fat as an energy source over carbs. Carbs cause my pancreas to secrete too much insulin and I crash easily. A big fatty burger and fries sustains me for hours and I'm not at all fat. I'd hate to see my cholesterol level though :erk: