Attn: Sara... Official Guitar Ransom Thread

NoEffenPicks

Dec 14, 2004
Hey folks, up for grabs is Sara's guitar!!!!!!!!!!! I'm holding it captive till my demands are met. Here she is... recently serviced by me... complete fret job. releveled the fret board. Detailed and oiled... Sexy as hell.

saraguitar1.jpg

saraguitar2.jpg

saraguitar3.jpg

Sara, you know where to find me.

Bwahaahaaahaahaaaa....

icon_twisted.gif

Man , I'm still waiting for my 1st commision to paint something cool on a guitar body............o_O

Nice looking fret job, the action looks good too; now you got me thinking about doing it.

I know that with the Floyed Rose bridge you adjust one side then the other and all the strings are even across, but with the fender bidge each saddle is set, so I found that you must have at least enough action to perform artifical harmonics.

I found a pack of 9.5 pre-radiused frets, I want to re-fret Fender neck I got laying around, or maybe I could get SS frets and press them in with fret vice grips...

Since some of you are into guitar work, ever tried one of the treble bypass filters? I’ve done it before with radio shack caps; the values were not exact, but it works well. I’m going to upgrade my three guitars with Orange Drop capacitors and resistors, that’s bleeder bypass and tone cap as well, the Orange Drops are said to be the best in tone, I found the Orange caps a resistors with the proper values at guitarpartsresource.com

wivk3c.gif

That's a Kahler Tremolo bridge... they're cool! And the guitar is one of a kind! :kickass:

As for how much it costs... waaaaaayyyyy too many varables! I could build one for $50 if I wanted all crappy parts on it. Good parts for a guitar runs well over $100 plus pickups. The wood can be cheap if you are painting it solid. That doesn't include labor though, and it takes a while to do all the parts. I could build a body in less than a day if I was going to paint it a solid color.

It is fun to do though. :headbang:

yay! best ransom ever! poor thing has already spent two years without strings - the only company being the cypress hill tape jammed under the bridge. yeah, the paint job glows enough huh..... hahha save the diamonds for the daisy guitar hehehhe. looks great chris - like the day i got it - can't wait to wrap my hands around the neck again. a thousand thank you's for breathing some life into her again!!!! :worship:

bichin double neck :headbang: how come no locking nut?

yeah thanks again chris you did a splendid job :kickass: i'm so happy to be able to play it again on stage so big karma love is coming your way! plays great and still sounds great too - i recorded the iron maidens cd with it - hell most of my career hehhe :) i'm gonna put some emgz in the eddie ibanez to match the sound. plus that strat i just got which you seen and i played at nickstock last weekend. i'll tell you all about very soon once it's tweaked in right. :headbang: