Atto IV - Shattered Lines - Dreamy Italian prog metal

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Atto IV? I thought I knew most metal bands that exist but I've never ever heard of this band but damn it they are excellent. They sound like a mix of Riverside, Dream Theater, Pagan's Mind and some other relaxed dreamy prog metal bands. If you like your prog to be proper prog with many pieces linked together from passage to passage then Atto IV is your band. The vocals are soft and dreamy and resemble the likes of Riverside and Porcupine Tree although you could say they are the possible weak link but he's ok. The production is top class and crystal clear but not too heavy. The keyboards are all over the place like most Italian bands and often take the lead and interplay with guitars a lot. It's not massively catchy like your Pagan's Mind's of this world or anything but this is your proper thinking man's prog metal and I can't imagine how almost all progsters won't love this. Check the whole album on Spotify which is well worth doing but here's the customary YT clip although there are better tunes on the album..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much for the heads up on this one... I'm really enjoying it! Your description of the band/music is pretty much spot on and that is what led me to check them out as they sounded right up my alley.