Audio Premiere: BRING ME THE HORIZON's 'Happy Song'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"Happy Song", a brand new track from the British metalcore act BRING ME THE HORIZON, was premiered earlier tonight on BBC Radio 1's "Rock Show" with Daniel P. Carter and can now be streamed below. The song will appear on the band's fifth album, tentatively due later in the year.BRING ME THE HORIZON's "Live At Wembley" concert DVD was released in June. The set was filmed last December in London when the Yorkshire-based band headlined that city's most prestigious venue, Wembley Arena. Speaking about the fact that it's not often that a U.K. band from a metal background gets to play such vast venues, BRING ME THE HORIZON frontman Oli Sykes told the Independent: "I guess we didn't know how far the band would come along, but at the same time there are not many English bands that have of this kind of heaviness — apart from IRON MAIDEN — that have achieved it. It's always the American ones. We still don't feel like a big rock band. If you thought about a band playing Wembley, you'd think of them as superstars, wouldn't you? But that's not the case. We're still normal people doing day-to-day things."In a separate interview with Gigwise, Sykes stated about BRING ME THE HORIZON's ambitions: "We want to be a gateway band for people. For me, that was LINKIN PARK; they were the band that got me into heavier music. It's not our goal, but we're not elitist — we think that's cool if you can get other into this kind of music. That's awesome."

More...